Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Online Card Class CAS4 Day 2: Border Gap Die-Cutting

Hi crafty friends! Have you been following along with the latest Online Card Class? If you haven't, you are missing out! I have been absolutely amazed and completely inspired by the various techniques the talented ladies of OCC have shown so far. This class series is all about CAS cards, a style I often struggle with, but absolutely love.
 photo CS4.png

Today's card was inspired by Kristina Werner's border gap die-cutting technique. I was so excited to give this technique a try and let me say, it was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be.

To make  my card, I started off with a panel measuring 4" x 5 1/4." I used the curved stitched die from Pretty Pink Posh's "Stitched Borders 1 Die" set to die cut my panel twice. In order to make room for the gaps in between the die cuts, I trimmed the top and bottom pieces about 1/4." I then masked off a portion for my light ray and applied Wild Honey, Mustard Seed and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Inks in that order to make a fading light ray. I then stamped the lighthouse and sentiment from the Lawn Fawn "Life is Good" stamp set directly onto the bottom panel. I colored the lighthouse using Copic Markers and then finished the card by adhering the panels directly onto my cardbase using foam tape.

Online Card Classes CAS4 "You Brighten My Life" Card by Handmade by Yuki | Life is Good by Lawn Fawn

This was such quick, CAS card and I absolutely love how it turned out! It was such a fun technique and the possibilities are endless. If you haven't already signed up, I highly recommend checking out the latest Online Card Class: Clean and Simple 4!

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥

Supplies:
Lawn Fawn "Life is Good"
Pretty Pink Posh "Stitched Borders 1 Die" 
Neenah "Solar White" 80# Cardstock
Neenah "Solar White" 110# Cardstock
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Wild Honey, Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade.
Copic Markers: R24, R27, Y13, Y19, C0, C2, C4, C6, T5, T7, W0, W2, W4

16 comments:

  1. This is awesome, love the die cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great & awesome take on the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! super original technique! and awesome card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous!! Love how you created the ray of light!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow!!! This is fabulous! I love the way you cut the panel and the beautiful sponged light ray! I must try something like this! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! What a great extension from this lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous CAS card! I love the way the panel is separated. Fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...and with this card, you brightened my day! :-)
    Great card with lots of warm illumination!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how bright and fresh this is Yuki. I really dont think you struggle with CAS this is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool!! I love how you thought outside the box for this. I still have to do this homework. LOVE the whole design!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card! I love that you used the curve die in that way instead of straight across the card like in class.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the idea of sponging light from the lighthouse and making it part an element of the image! Very inventive!

    ReplyDelete