Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Panda Love Card featuring Mama Elephant

Hello crafty friends! It's been a while since I've used my Mama Elephant stamps and I thought it'd be fun to make a Valentine's Day/love card with the super cute pandas from the "Pandamonium" set by Mama Elephant.



To begin my card, I die cut the background panel using the stitched rectangle die from the "Femme Frames" die set. I masked off the stitched edges and then stamped the chevron background stamps from the "Modern Backgrounds" set with "Winter" and "Dark Storm" pigment inks. I used my C4 Copic Marker to color the stitched edges. I then die cut the focal panel using a smaller stitched rectangle die. I stamped the two kissing pandas directly onto the panel and colored them in with Copic Markers. I then stamped the little heart above the pandas using "Bubblegum" pigment ink. Like the larger panel, I used my C4 Copic Marker to color the stitched edges. I then white heat embossed the sentiment onto the wavy banner from the "Tags A Lot" set. To finish the card, I used the scalloped border die to create my cardbase and then added some Pretty Pink Posh sequins.

I really love how this card came together and the CAS design. I don't have a need for too many Valentine's Day cards, so I prefer to stick to general love-themed cards I can use throughout the year or for our anniversary. I hope you enjoyed today's card and thanks again for stopping by! ♥

Supplies:
Mama Elephant "Pandamonium"
Mama Elephant "Modern Borders"
Mama Elephant "Tags A Lot"
Mama Elephant "Femme Frames"
Mama Elephant "Winter" Pigment Ink
Mama Elephant "Dark Storm" Pigment Ink
Mama Elephant "Bubblegum" Pigment Ink
Lawn Fawn "Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables"
Simon Says Stamp "Surf Blue" 100# Cardstock
Bazzill Card Shoppe "Sugar Wafer" 100# Cardstock 
Pretty Pink Posh 4mm Sparkling Clear Sequins
Pretty Pink Posh 6mm Marshmallow Sequins
Copic Markers: C0, C2, W0, W2, R20, B000, C4



9 comments:

  1. Love those kissing pandas! What copic color did you use for their cheeks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I used R20 for their cheeks. For blush, my go-to colors are usually R20 and R01 :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Yuki! I tried to achieve the blush look, but was using the wrong copic color for that.

      Delete
  2. oh these little pandas are so sweet Yuki!!! the background is fantastic and this card design is so cool!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is absolutely ADORABLE! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute Yuki!! The panda's are adorable with the tiny heart, and I love how you colored the edges with your Copic markers! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here in Barcelona we have another day for the "Love" Sant Jordi (april)You will see ; )
    Your card is perfect, the backgrund is adorable and the mama elephants pandas= Loveeee

    ReplyDelete