Friday, January 16, 2015

Paper Smooches SPARKS Picture Perfect Challenge: Chubby Fox Birthday Card

Happy Friday! Today I'm playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge. The moment I saw the inspiration photo, I knew I wanted to use the super cute fox from the "Chilly Chums" stamp set. I recently got this set and I've been dying to use it!

 photo Picture-Perfect-LOGO.jpg 

 photo Jan15PP.png

For my card, I was inspired by the wood elements and hints of gold. I started off by die cutting my background panel using an A2-sized stitched rectangle die. I used a stencil for the vertical stripes and applied some Delicata "Golden Glitz" pigment ink using a make-up sponge. I then colored the super cute fox using Copic Markers and cut him out using the coordinating die.

Fox: E15, E17, E19, R01, W0, W2

To create my scene, I die cut two hills using the Mama Elephant "Landscape Trio" set out of olive green cardstock. To add to the woodsy feel, I added some trees die cut with the tree die from the Lawn Fawn"Sweater Weather" die set. To ground my little fox, I created a shadow under him with my YG91 and YG93 Copic Markers.

For the sentiment, I used one of the small frames included in the SSS "Frames" set and die cut it from olive green and khaki cardstocks. I inlaid the olive green frame around khaki base and then used the happy birthday from the "Birthday Words" set to inlay the sentiment.



I really like how my card turned out and love how this card would be perfect for winter or fall. Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend! ♥


 photo SPARKSBADGE.jpg

Supplies:
Paper Smooches "Chilly Chums" Stamps
Paper Smooches "Chilly Chums" Icons Dies
Paper Smooches "Birthday Words" Dies
Simon Says Stamp "Frames" Die Set
Mama Elephant "Landscape Trio" Creative Cuts
Lawn Fawn "Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables"
Lawn Fawn "Sweater Weather" Lawn Cuts
My Favorite Things "All Lined Up" 6x6 Stencil

6 comments:

  1. Eek!! So stinkin cute! That chubby fox is adorable!! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card! I have to congratulate you on making onto the Newton's Nook Designs Team and Lawn Fawn Facebook Inspiration Team! I am super excited for you!!! I haven't been on the blogosphere in a while so I have been playing catch up reading your previous posts yesterday & today. All great posts and loving all the cards you shared! Have an amazing Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just adorable Yuki!! The fox is colored so wonderfully and I love love the way you did the sentiment! Cute! Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card yuki!!! this little fox is so cutee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love this papersmooches fox is adorable, all the card is cute!

    ReplyDelete