Monday, February 16, 2015

Lawnscaping Challenge #100 - Birthday Celebration!

Hello crafty friends! Today we're celebrating the 100th Lawscaping Challenge, woohoo! And to celebrate this exciting milestone, the Lawnscaping Team has invited a few special friends to play along with us!
 photo IMG_7101.jpg

This challenge is sponsored by the super awesome folks over at Lawn Fawn. So be sure to swing by the Lawnscaping Challenge blog to play along!

 photo LawnFawnlogo.jpg

 photo IMG_7102.jpg 

This Lawscaping Challenge is all about "friendly" birthday celebrations. So to celebrate this special occasion, I made a super fun birthday card featuring critters from "Critters on the Savanna."

Savanna Birthday Card by Handmade by Yuki | "Critters on the Savanna" by Lawn Fawn | Lawnscaping Challenge #100


To begin the card, I die cut my focal panel using one of the large stitched rectangle dies. I stamped and masked the rhino, lion, giraffe, bird and tree. I then used SSS Lipstick Red dye ink, Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink and Wild Honey Distress Ink to create a savanna sunset. I then used Peeled Paint Distress Ink for the grass. Once I finished the background, I colored all of the stamped images using Copic Markers. I then matted my focal panel onto a piece of khaki cardstock and then distressed the edges of the mat using Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

Bird: B00, B02, B04, Y19
Rhino: T3, T4, T5, T7
Lion: E55, E57, E42, E43
Giraffe: Y21, Y23, E35, E37
Tree: E44, E47, YG95, YG97, YG99

I then stamped the sentiment onto a strip of the same khaki cardstock and adhered it onto the focal panel using foam tape and glue to give it a wavy appearance. To give my birthday card that extra savanna-feel, I adhered a strip of burlap directly only an olive cardbase. As a finishing touch, I added some gold sparkle lawn trimmings and added some black faux stitching around the cardbase.

I hope today's card has inspired you and I cannot wait to see what you create! Thanks again for stopping by and if you would like to see more wonderful inspiration, be sure to visit the Lawnscaping Challenges Facebook page! ♥

Supplies: 
Lawn Fawn "Critters on the Savanna"
Lawn Fawn "Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables"
Lawn Fawn "Gold Sparkle" Single Cord Lawn Trimmings

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow your card is beautiful, love the sky effect, tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little group of safari animals! Your masking and coloring is just wonderful!! Super super cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet scene Yukari with some great masking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS!! the sky is stunning! and those little critters with the burlap behind...wow!! i'm floored by your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card!! Love that background wow!! Super fun use of burlap ... yep...love everything about this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eek! Super cute card!! The masking is awesome! I just love this scene you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woooow super cute! So much work with the masks, isn't it? I love love love love love this orange background Yuki, perfect for the scene, and the burlap behind is sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete