Friday, February 27, 2015

Lawnscaping Challenge - February Blog Hop

Happy Friday everyone! It's time for another Lawnscaping Blog Hop, woohoo! You should have arrived here from Suzanne's blog.

 photo IMG_7409.jpg

This blog hop is sponsored by InkRoad.com. The winner will receive a gift certificate so be sure to leave a comment at every stop!

 photo 10952285_10205846485550155_8273056748928508251_n.jpg

This month's blog hop is all about using the colors reds! I was inspired by the adorable new set "Gleeful Gardens" by Lawn Fawn.

Lawnscaping February 2015 Blog Hop | "Sorry I'm Late" Card by Handmade by Yuki | "Gleeful Gardens" by Lawn Fawn

For today's card, I decided to deviate from my usual A2-sized card and made a longer card that measures 4" x 7." I started by stamping the sentiment off to the right on a piece of white cardstock. I extended the sentiment using the stitched hill stamp included in this set. I stamped the hill again on a separate piece of white cardstock and die cut it using one of the small stitched circle dies. I then colored the grass and sky with my Copic Markers. I also stamped the images and colored them with Copic Markers as well. I then cut them out using the coordinating dies.

Grass: YG95, YG97
Sky: BG10, BG11
Snail: E31, E34, W2, W4, W6, R20
Mushrooms: R25, R27, R46, E30, E31, E33

I then adhered my circle onto my main panel being sure to line of the stamped hill. I used one of the stitched scalloped border dies to die cut two strips of red cardstock for the top and bottom of my panel. For the background, I stamped the new "Gingham" background stamp using SSS "Lipstick Red" dye ink. I then mounted all of my layers onto a red cardbase.

I hope you enjoyed today's card and thanks again for stopping by! Remember to visit everyone else's blogs if you haven't already done so! Have a wonderful weekend! ♥

Yuki (you are here)



S U P P L I E S

35 comments:

  1. Yuki this is stunning ...i so wish i ordered that set :)
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the stitching & cute snail.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sentiment and the cute snail scene depicting the sentiment! Cute CUte CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gingham backdrop and the scene! Toooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Yuki this is just too sweet! Love the long look of your card too 😃

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Yuki this is just too sweet! Love the long look of your card too 😃

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the long card design! The red in the background is so sweet, reminds me of a picnic. Lovely card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness!! So absolutely adorable! I can't wait to get this cute set!! You have used it so wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your design!! The red really pops here!!
    (PS: this stampset arrived today ... wasn't expecting it so soon...but no complains)...BIG smile! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet. Love this little snail and how you kept the landscaping going through the circle to the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yuki, I love this cute card and how you matched up the hill with the sentiment and then the scalloped edges. I never would have thought of that, or making the card longer! That's why I love to see your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is soooooooo cute! Love the long card size too!! Those mushrooms are just so adorable! Love the Reds too! Soooooo happy and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the design of this card! I love the little pop of red gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a creative design, love your coloring. Such a sweet and adorable card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yuki, this is probably my favorite card of the blog hop...a wonderful design, just the perfect amount of red and the cutest sentiment and stamps :) (ladovalo@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  16. lov ethe gleeful garden set, my favourite of this release, love oyur card, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love Gleeful Garden, it is the cutest!! Your card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the color combo in your first card, both are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable!!! Fabulous card with one of the sweetest sets ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love how fun this card is! The plaid, the scallops the images!! LOVE it Yuki <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute card, your coloring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  22. THANK you THank you THANK you soooooo much. Not everyone puts down copic colours used and I love seeing cards like this but have no idea where to start with copics!

    Love the card too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cute idea for a belated card. I just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely adorable! Love the little scene you created and the sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a beautiful card. I love that Gleeful Garden set.

    ReplyDelete
  26. That snail with the letter is adorbs! Perfect for late cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh too cute! What a fun snail mail card!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Adorable card! Love the images and the colouring !

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my gosh I love this! Cuteness to the max and love the long size!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yuki!!! I love all in this card!! Me parece incríble lo bonito que te ha quedado el fondo combinado con el sello y los stiched dies. Me encanta!! Tienes muchísimo talento, gracias por toda esa inspiración.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Well you are at the end of the hop. Your card is so perfectly designed

    ReplyDelete
  32. Well you are at the end of the hop. Your card is so perfectly designed

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love how you used the sentiment as part of the ground, adorable scene and coloring.

    ReplyDelete