Thursday, February 19, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs DT Post: "Get Well Soon" Card

Hi crafty friends! Today I'm over on the Newton's Nook Design Blog sharing this super cute get well card. This flu season has been pretty rough and so many of my coworkers and friends have fallen ill. I thought the "Spring Showers" set would be perfect to make a cute get well card to brighten someone's day.

Get Well Soon by Handmade by Yuki | "Spring Showers" by Newton's Nook Designs

I started my card by die cutting a piece of pattern paper from the Pink Paislee "Hello Sunshine" 6x6 paper pack and a piece of vellum using a stitched rectangle die. I then white heat embossed the sentiment onto the vellum layer. For the clouds, I used a stitched cloud border die from Pretty Pink Posh. I colored the duck using Copic Markers and paper pieced the umbrella, boots and puddle. I fussy cut the entire image and adhered it directly onto the vellum layer. For a little pop of color, I die cut a small heart and colored it using my BG34 Copic Marker and adhered it next to the sentiment. I then matted the entire focal panel onto some coordinating grey pattern paper. I added some matching "Tickled with Teal" twine from Trendy Twine. I finished the front of the card by applying clear Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents to the heart and umbrella. For the inside of the card, I adhered two strips of the same raindrop pattern paper and stamped the duck image and the "get well soon" sentiment in Simon Says Stamp "Sea Glass" dye ink.

I love how cute and simple today's card turned out. I tried to keep the design and colors gender-neutral so I can give it to a male coworker who's been feeling under the weather. I hope you enjoyed today's card too and thanks again for stopping by! ♥

9 comments:

  1. Oh how adorable! Love the soft lavender colors and that little duck is the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, adorable card! I really like the colors that you used! This would definitely make someone feel better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet idea to make her well cards for coworkers! There's certainly bugs going around. Lovely card, so soft and sweet. Love that little duck,soo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and the card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card Yuki, that duck is so cute, tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute get well card. There is definitely a lot of colds/flu going around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so sweet and I like the colors, the contast with the yellow duck is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this card - the soft spring colors and big white clouds are so perfect! I'm hoping that spring comes quickly and everyone gets healthy soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are always using up our get well soon cards first - might have to find some healthier friends perhaps? awesome work here.

    ReplyDelete