Thursday, February 12, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs February Release Day 2

 photo Feb15_Release_Icon.png

Welcome back crafty friends! Today is Day 2 of Newton's Nook Designs February Release. Today's post features the super cute and silly "Naughty Newton" set. I couldn't help but giggle when I first saw this set because I know my kitties have been just as naughty as Newton and I'm sure every cat owner out there can relate!

Today's card was actually inspired by some of the patterns from the Fancy Pants "True Friend" 6x6 paper pack. I felt like some of the pattern papers really had a retro wallpaper feel and I immediately thought of Newton hanging himself from the wallpaper lol.

"Sorry" Card by Handmade by Yuki | "Naughty Newton" by Newton's Nook Designs

To begin the card, I die cut two of the pattern papers using a stitched rectangle die. I stamped Newton directly onto one of the panels and then stamped him again onto white cardstock and colored him in using Copic Markers. I dry embossed a piece of khaki cardstock using a woodgrain embossing folder and matted it onto a dark chocolate cardbase. I then white heat embossed the sentiment onto a banner strip of the same dark chocolate cardstock. As a finishing touch, I added some grey enamel dots.

I hope you enjoyed today's card as much as I do! This is such a fun set and such a great and silly way to say "I'm sorry" to the cat lover in your life. Don't forget both sets go on sale tomorrow and be sure to hop along with us for your chance to win this set! ♥


Would you like to win “Naughty Newton”?
This set will be given away to TWO lucky winners!

Here's how to win:
Comment on the NND blog and Design Team and Guest blogs (see list below)! Two winners will be chosen at random from the collective blogs release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, February 12th at 9pm CST to comment -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, February 13th.

Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:


47 comments:

  1. I love your subtle coloring and the gorgeous papers just set it off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! I love the colors you selected and that textured woodgrain background (I love woodgrains!) ~ Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love all of the patterns and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card! Love the papers and the layout! ♥ GREAT textured background!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So totally adorable! Love the little scratch marks on the pattern paper! Super cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too cute! I love that little kitty.
    You are such a talented card maker.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun card and love this
    naughty Newton set!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun set, love your kitty. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the papers you have used makes a great card.TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is really cute. I love the color choices and I just love this little image! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable...love the papers and the woodgrain background you created.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable...love the papers and the woodgrain background you created.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is adorable, love it Yuki tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh too cute! Love those papers and how you shaded that naughty little feline!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card...maybe it's just me, but I see Newton tearing up the carpet (just like one of my cats)! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great patterned paper and design! Love that cute image and the embossing.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute card - love that naughty cat.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely and fun card!!! Newton is so naughty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the color combinations; very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute--I like the papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The stamp is fun and works well with the sentiment.
    Love thel layering.
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hahaha!! It does look like wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE the color palette and the card design! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So cute! Great design! Love these new Newton stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very sweet, love the design, and the cat is so mischevious, just like my 2 cats xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. such pretty colors! That Newton is such a naughty little kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  27. My sister-in-law's cat climbed the grass cloth wall paper to the top of their cathedral ceiling great room. And there he hung. Funny but not funny, poor cat

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super cute! I love the fun patterned papers you used! and such a fun layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the patterns in the paper. Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I agree....the papers do have a retro wallpaper feel! Super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Cute! Looks like he's scratching the wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Nice Card. Love this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love your card Yuki, the sentiment goes perfect with the kitten scratching the wall or curtains! I also love your background!

    ReplyDelete
  34. SUPER FUN Card!! =) I LOVE the Layers and the Patterns that you used!! AWESOME Coloring too!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh I love it...great choice of papers!

    ReplyDelete
  36. oh my gosh I love this!! the papers ROCK as a wallpaper feel!! so cool!! and the woodgrain embossing is AWESOME!! love this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love all the layers you used!!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh my goodness, that is so cute. Love that cat. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  39. precious, as always, but NAUGHTY NEWTON HAS MY HEART!
    thanks for sharing, love this card!

    ReplyDelete