Friday, February 20, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #18 - One-Layer Card

This is my second post of the day. For the Simon Says Stamp "Hop To It!" release post, click here.



Happy Friday! Today is the start of a new Inky Paws Challenge over on the Newton's Nook Designs Blog. This challenge is all about creating a one-layer project. Although I really do love using dimensions on my projects, one-layer projects can also be a lot of fun to create too and my favorite thing about them is they're postal-friendly (yay!).
 photo IPC_18_OneLayer-1.png
Inky Paws Challenge 18 by Handmade by Yuki | "Newton's Day Dream" by Newton's Nook Designs


For today's card, I used the "Newton's Day Dream" stamp set to create a cute one-layer scene. I started by stamping my sentiment first to make sure it was straight and centered. I actually ended up having to make this card twice because after the first attempt, I stamped the sentiment completely crooked after I had already inked the background :(. So I made sure that didn't happen the second time around! I then masked off the area for my scene using painters tape. I stamped and masked Newton and the little butterfly. I used Simon Says Stamp "Sea Glass" dye ink for the sky and Simon Says Stamp "Fern" dye ink for the grass. I then colored the stamped images using Copic Markers.

Newton: Y21, Y23, Y35, R01, R02
Flowers: BV01, BV02, Y00
Butterfly: V12, V15

Aside from the little hiccup I had in the beginning, this card was pretty quick and easy to make. I hope today's card has inspired you and I can't wait to see what you create! Visit the Newton's Nook Designs Blog for more details and inspiration. You'll have two weeks to play along and the winner will win a $10 store credit to the Newton's Nook Designs Online Shop! Thanks again for stopping by! ♥

10 comments:

  1. I love it! Simple (sort of) and so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute! I love the little square scene you have created! I am terrible at one layer cards. I always mess up multiple times :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Yuki! I am glad I am not the only one that has to start over sometimes, and usually it's the simplest things, I am happy you stuck with it because your card is amazing, tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOOO cute!! I've the masked off square you made! This whole scene is perfect!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is perfect, Yuki!!! Yes, I've been gravitating towards one layer cards for postal reasons, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable one layer card!! <3 it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your second attempt is perfect jajaja A mi me pasa a menudo... estás acabando y... noooooo Super nice card Yuki

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I love how you created a little scene with some fun masking! Such a great one layer card!

    ReplyDelete