Monday, February 2, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs Sweet Treats Blog Hop

Hello again! This is my second post of the day. If you want to see my Lawnscaping Challenge post, click here.



Today over on the Newton's Nook Designs Blog, we're having a Sweet Treats Blog Hop! You should have arrived here from Kimberly Rendino's blog. This blog hop is all about tags/treat holders you would give for Valentine's Day. I used the "Newton's Antics" and "Winged Wishes" stamp sets to create a cute gift tag for my sweetie. Since I didn't want to give my boyfriend a super girly gift tag, I decided to use more gender-neutral colors while still keeping it cute.

Love You Gift Tag by Handmade by Yuki | Newton's Antics & Winged Wishes by Newton's Nook Designs

I used one of the tag dies from the Mama Elephant "Tags A Lot" set to die cut my tag. I embossed the sentiment using WOW Metallic Gold Sparkle Embossing Powder. I then used washi tape to mask off the stitched edges and horizontal lines. I used a make-up sponge to apply Mama Elephant "Fresh Mint" pigment ink. I then die cut some hearts and a small hill from gold glitter paper. I colored Newton using Copic Markers and then fussy cut him out leaving a white border. I mounted him onto the tag with glue dots to give him a little bit of dimension without making the tag bulky. To finish the card, I added some Pretty Pink Posh sequins.

Newton: T1, T3, T4, R01

I absolutely LOVE how this tag sparkles and shines in real life. And I am just in love with this color combo! I hope today's project has inspired  you and thanks again for hopping along with us! Your next stop is our amazing Guest Designer Tracy Gruber!



Would you like to win a $10 store to our Newton's Nook Designs?
We are giving them out to TWO lucky winners!

Here's how to win:
Comment on the NND blog and Design Team and Guest blogs (see list below)! Two winners will be chosen at random from the collective blogs release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Wednesday, February 4th at 9pm CDT to comment  -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Thursday, February 5th.

Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:

48 comments:

  1. Oh wow! this is so pretty! LOVING that teal and gold combo you used!!!!!
    Nina-Marie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you colored Newton and the touch of sparkle - I think light blue is perfect for your sweetie, I am sure he will LOVE it Teamie! <3 ~Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!! =) You had my HEART at GLITTER!! =) YUMMY!! I LOVE this Sweet Design and the Glitter touches!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree.....great color combo! He'll love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous tag! I love Newton! The touches of gold are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeek!!! This is absolutely adorable!!!! I agree this is a beautiful color combination and everything about this tag is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this cat stamp and your tag is fabulous. The colors, the gold paper -- how you colored the cat! Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Precious and beautiful tag! Love Love Love it!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it... my fav so far... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card Yuky, Yes, I can use those $10 to start growing my Newton's Nooks collection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card Yuky, Yes, I can use those $10 to start growing my Newton's Nooks collection!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your creation Yuki, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling tag. Love the shiny hearts.
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute tag - love the cat and the sparkle.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable and SO very beautiful too! Love the way you colored the kitty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my! I love this so much. The color combo is gorgeous and love love the glittery gold!! Just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cute and love the
    colors on it!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute striped tag--love the gold.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the tag and the gold embossing powder really makes it pop off the page! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful, wonderfully done tag!!! Love the colors and just how awesome it turned out!!! What a great tag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh Yuki this tag is adorable! Love this color combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning! Love the colors! Aqua and gold are so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  23. super sweet...love the glitz and how you colored that sweet kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow!! That tag is AWESOME!!!! I totally thought the stripes were from patterned paper!!! Awesome!!!! And the gold - swoon! Sooooooo awesome!! What an incredible tag!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an adorable tag!! Love the bits of sparkle and fun stripes!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Excellent job, so.... adorable! I love the design, and he's such a cutie! More cars, I can't get enough of them.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really like how you use non-traditional color combinations on this project. As much as I love red and pink, it is nice to see something else.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really like how you use non-traditional color combinations on this project. As much as I love red and pink, it is nice to see something else.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! I love the color combinations and the gold looks like it really, really sparkles! Your boyfriend is a lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOWZERS, Love all the gold! and I think I like this Newton the best. Love the way he turned out after all the fussy cutting and the colors are great. This IS a great card for a male! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your Sweet Treats blog hop inspired me to make goody bags filled with treats for my co-workers.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is really awesome love the design and the colors you have choosen. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fabulous! Love this!! Such a beautiful gift tag! Love the design and colors!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow what a pretty and sweet tag...love the glittery finish.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Cute little Tag. Love the colors and the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Cute tag! Love the way you colored Newton!

    ReplyDelete
  37. All that glittery gold...swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love the tag! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete