Friday, February 20, 2015

Simon Says Stamp "Hop To It" Release

Hi crafty friends! Today Simon Says Stamp is celebrating their new Spring release called "Hop To It!" My post today features the adorable new set "Abby's Spring Showers." I had so much fun playing with this set that I ended up making two cards!

 photo 1_121-1.jpg

For my first card, I used the adorable little bunny image holding the umbrella. I started off by die cutting my focal panel using the new "Stitched Due 3" tag die from Pretty Pink Posh. I distressed the edges using Simon Says Stamp "Sea Glass" ink and stamped the raindrops using the same ink to give a tone-on-tone look. I then colored in the grass using my YG13 and YG17 Copic Markers. I stamped and colored the bunny and umbrella using Copic Markers and then fussy cut them out leaving a white border.

Happy Spring Card by Handmade by Yuki | Abby's Spring Showers by Simon Says Stamp


Bunny: W0, W2, W4, R20
Umbrella: C2, C4, R81, R83, R85

For the background, I used the A2-sized large stitched rectangle die from Lawn Fawn to die cut a piece of Simon Says Stamp "Surf Blue" cardstock. I then used the My Favorite Things "Raindrops" stencil to apply raindrops using the same "Surf Blue" dye ink to the background panel. I die cut two stitched hills from Simon Says Stamp "Green Leaf" cardstock and then a layer of grass from Simon Says Stamp "Green Apple" cardstock. I layered the overlapping hills directly onto the background panel and then sandwiched the focal panel in between the background layer and the layer of grass. For the sentiment, I white embossed the "Happy Spring" sentiment directly onto the layer of grass. I finished the card by adding clear Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents to the umbrella.

Bear Hugz Card by Handmade By Yuki | Abby's Spring Showers by Simon Says Stamp

For my second card, I used the super cute bear image. I colored him using Copic Markers and fussy cut him out leaving a white border. I also decided to paper piece his littler heart and to give him some little googly eyes, doesn't he look so cute? I die cut the focal panel using one of the Simon Says Stamp "Large Tags" die from pattern paper from the "Hello Sunshine" 6x6 paper pack from Lawn Fawn. I stamped the sentiment directly onto the tag and then added a bow I die cut using the "Dainty Bow" die from Mama Elephant. I die cut two background layers using stitched rectangle dies from the same pattern paper pack and then matted them onto a scalloped cardbase I die cut using the scalloped frame die from the "Femme Frames" set by Mama Elephant. To finish the card I added some Pretty Pink Posh sequins.

I had so much fun making both of these cards and I hope you enjoyed today's post. For much more inspiration, be sure to visit the Simon Says Stamp Blog! Thanks again for stopping by! ♥

9 comments:

  1. I love this set!! Both the cards are very cute, love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What adorable cards!! So very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such cute cards, love the bear hugz! so adorable,tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squeak!!! These are adorable!! LOOOOOOOOVE that bunny! He's sdorable! And the best card cute! Love the googly eyes and heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yukiiiiiiii! Es que cada tarjeta que haces te superas a ti misma! me dejas sin palabras y no me da el inglés para más, adooooorooooooo el efecto 3D de la hierba en la primera tarjeta How clever. Y los ojos desorbitados de la segunda me han hecho estallar de la risa. Un abrazo fuerte!!

    ReplyDelete