Wednesday, February 4, 2015

"Thinking of You" Card featuring Avery Elle


Hi crafty friends! Today's card was inspired by an image I saw on Pinterest. I've seen quite a few cute images of foxes in laurels and I thought it'd be fun create a card version using Avery Elle's "More Stores" stamp set.

Thinking of You Card by Handmade by Yuki | More Stories by Avery Elle

I started by die cutting a piece of cream cardstock using the one of the pierced oval dies from MFT. I then stamped one of the smaller leaf stamps from Lawn Fawn's "Penelope's Blossoms" in SSS "Beanstalk" dye ink to create a laurel around the panel. I colored the grass directly onto the panel using Copic Markers. I then stamped the Hero Arts "Envelope Pattern" background stamp onto the panel using SSS "Khaki" dye ink and then distressed the edges using Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I then colored the stamped images using Copic Markers and cut them out using the coordinating dies. In order to blend the die cuts in with the background, I distressed the edges using Antique Linen Distress Ink.

Fox: E97, E99, W0, W2
Mushroom: YG95, YG97, YG99, E30, E31, E33
Leaves: YG91, YG93, Y26, Y28
Flowers: Y32, Y35, YG91. YG93
Dragonfly: Y32, BG000, BG01
Heart: YR01, YR02
Grass: YG93, YG95, YG97, YG99

I stamped the sentiment onto the banner and distressed the edges of the banner using Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I then adhered my finished focal panel onto a piece of pattern paper from the Fancy Pants "Happy-Go-Lucky!" 6x6 Paper Pack. I realized I wanted to add some twine after I had adhered all of my layers down, so in order to do this, I pierced two small holes on either side of the pattern paper and wove my twine through. And that finishes up the card for today. Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥


Supplies:
Avery Elle "More Stories" 
Avery Elle "More Stories" Coordinating Dies
Lawn Fawn "Penelope's Blossoms" 
My Favorite Things "Pierced Ovals STAX"
Hero Arts "Envelope Pattern" Background Stamp
Fancy Pants "Happy-Go-Lucky!" 6x6 Paper Pack
Simon Says Stamp "Khaki" Dye Ink
Simon Says Stamp "Beanstalk" Dye Ink
Tim Holtz "Antique Linen" Distress Ink
Tim Holtz "Vintage Photo" Distress Ink
May Arts "Natural Twine"

8 comments:

  1. Wow!!!!! It's amazing!!!!! Awesome inspiration. Love it!!! I think it's super cute. Thanks for sharing.
    Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my gosh! Yuki, this card is super cute! The laurel frame is the perfect way to frame this sweet image! Love your color choices here! Two thumbs up! Have yourself a wonderful day, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yuki, this is just as sweet and pretty as it can be! The soft colors and that adorable little fox are pure loveliness!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute Yuki! Love all the little details and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a soft and sweet card! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aaaw ... how sweet is this card?? Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is gorgeous, love the design and colours!!

    ReplyDelete