Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentine's Day Goodie Bags featuring Mama Elephant

Hi crafty friends! Today I have some cute last-minute Valentine's Day goodie bags I made for my boyfriend's coworkers. He came home Wednesday night and asked me if I could make some treats for his coworkers. I must admit, I got a little nervous since we've both been so busy and we're going out of town this weekend. But I was relieved when he told me I'd only have to make 4 goodie bags. He didn't want anything too cutesy or girly, so I decided to use non-traditional Valentine's Day colors and I thought the panda from the "Pandamonium" set from Mama Elephant would be perfect.

Valentine's Day Goodie Bags by Handmade by Yuki | "Pandamonium" by Mama Elephant and "Goodie Bag" die by Lawn Fawn

I started off by stamping and die cutting the panda and envelope. I used my R39 Copic Marker to color the little hearts on the envelopes. I then white heat embossed the small heart outline from the "Pandamonium" set and the "Day" sentiment from the "Happy Everything" set onto 4 small banner strips. I die cut the "Happy Script" die 4 times from white cardstock and then adhered the banners strips onto the Y's of each "Happy." I then layered the white sentiments slightly off-set onto 3 layers of grey cardstock I had also die cut using the "Happy Script" die. I used a stitched hillside border die to create a small hill for the panda. I then die cut the goodie bag die using SSS "Surf Blue" cardstock. I used the SSS "Tiny Spaced Hearts" stencil to add some hearts to the front of the goodie bag using SSS "Surf Blue" dye ink. To finish the goodie bags, I stuffed them with some tasty chocolate treats and closed them up with some matching grey twine.

I really love how they turned out and more importantly, my boyfriend does too! I hope his coworkers enjoy these little goodie bags as much as we do. Do you have any fun plans for this Valentine's Day/ President's Day weekend? We planned a weekend getaway to Portland, OR and we're flying out tonight :). I wish everyone a wonderful Valentine's Day weekend and thanks again for stopping by! ♥

Supplies:
Mama Elephant "Pandamonium" Stamp Set
Mama Elephant "Pandamonium" Creative Cuts
Mama Elephant "Happy Script" Creative Cuts
Mama Elephant "Happy Everything" Stamp Set
Mama Elephant "Landscape Trio" Creative Cuts
Simon Says Stamp "Surf Blue" 100# Cardstock
Simon Says Stamp "Surf Blue" Dye Ink
Simon Says Stamp "Tiny Spaced Hearts" Stencil
Bazzill Card Shoppe "Sugar Wafer" 100# Cardstock


8 comments:

  1. These are DARLING!!!!!!! What a sweet BF you have and you're a super star for whipping up these cutie pies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be super happy and impressed if I received one of these darling goodie bags! They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Yuki, you have done an amazing job, and who wouldn't want to receive one of these filled with chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just adorable!! And yes, not so girly, so they are perfect for guys too! How sweet of your bf to want to share your beautiful work with his co workers! I wanted to thank you also for your sweet comment on my Paper Smooches cards! Hope you have a wonderful Valentines weekend! (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are sooo cute!!! Love the color! Perfect for a male for sure! Gorgeous!
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute love it! May I ask for the blue bag itself is it one bag die or it's from store? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Petti! Thank you for your sweet comments! I made the small blue bags using a the goodie bag from Lawn Fawn. You can find the die here: http://www.lawnfawn.com/products/goodie-bag

      Delete
  7. How cute! Love the non traditional color and that banner off the y is just too sweet!

    ReplyDelete