Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Lawn Fawn's 5th Birthday Blog Hop


Hi crafty friends! Before I go into today's post, I just wanted to quickly let you know that I will be on vacation for the rest of the week (I'm actually already en route as you're reading this). We're going to Whistler, BC for a super fun snowboarding trip, woohoo! With that being said, things will be a little quiet around here. However, starting next week, I have a ton of fun posts scheduled, so be sure to stop by!

Today's post celebrates Lawn Fawn's 5th birthday and I am so excited to be joining this super fun blog hop! I actually first discovered Lawn Fawn via their YouTube channel when I first started card making. I instantly fell in love with their adorable designs and all of their fun critters. For today's card, I decided to use the "Year Four" stamp set to make a cute birthday card.

"Hippo Birdie to You" by Handmade by Yuki | "Year Four" and "Flirty Frames" by Lawn Fawn

The color palette for this card was inspired by the pattern papers from the "Let's Polka: Mon Amie" paper pack. I absolutely love this paper pack, so much so that I've already ordered a second pack lol. I started off by stamping the little hippo and birdie in one of the frames from the "Flirty Frames" set. After masking the stamped images, I used the My Favorite Things "All Lined Up" stencil to add Simon Says Stamp "Mint" ink to the background. I colored the images  using Copic Markers and cut the frame using the coordinating die. I die cut the piece of polka dot pattern paper using one of the Simon Says Stamp stitched square dies. I die cut a piece of white cardstuck using the same square die and then die cut the bottom using one of the stitched scalloped border dies. I then stamped the sentiment. I die cut a piece of white cardstock using a stitched rectangle die and stamped the diamond pattern from the "Argyle Backdrops" set in Delicata "Silvery Shimmer" ink. I then matted the background onto a light beige cardbase. To finish the card, I added some white dot detailing to the critters , some twine and Pretty Pink Posh sequins.

Hippo: N1, N2, R20
Bird: YR61, YR65, YR14
Frame: C0, C2, G00

I hope you enjoyed today's card and don't forget to stop by all of the other blogs  for more wonderful inspiration. Thanks for joining our birthday celebration and hope you have a wonderful week! ♥


Lynn 
Ivy 
Jana 
Lexa 
Yukari (you are here)
Amy 





34 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards and love Lawn Fawn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely adorable card! I too adore all of the cute Lawn Fawn images! I always love to see what you do with them! I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip! Snowboarding, how fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! love the colors you used and the cute little frame!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card - love the Flirty Frame!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous and fun card design, Yuki! I love how you framed the hippo and birdie, so cute! Enjoy your vacation; you are missing some beautiful So Cal weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card!! Loooove your design and all the soft colors!! FAB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card, soo very cute and love the frame around the adorable critters. Have an amazing time in Whistler!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Lawn Fawn! Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The softness of your card is very nice and I love the diamond patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a wonderful vacation Yuki, your card is adorable thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delightful card you crafted! I love all the sweet details!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so soft and pretty! Love it, Yuki!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is sweet. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty! Awesome choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So, so cute, Yuki! The colors that you used on this card are so pretty! I hope that you have a nice vacation!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute and simple, Yuki! Love the "flirty frames!"

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just so cute, love the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card Yuki,love the patterns you've used-Argyle,stripes and polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Yuki :-) I love the frame and whole design of this, super cute :-)
    Hope you're having a wonderful holiday :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh this is sooooooo cuteeeeeeeeee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hermosa, con unos colores delicados

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yuki- adorable use of flirty frames and the argyle backdrops!!! love it :) thank you SO much for being part of this hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a pretty little card! Love that sweet hippo peeking out of that whimsical frame!

    ReplyDelete