Monday, March 2, 2015

Lawnscaping Challenge #101 - Dots & Stripes

Happy Monday! Can you believe it's already March?! This year is already flying by so quickly! Well it's the first Monday of the month which means it's time for a new Lawnscaping Challenge. This challenge is all about creating a project with either dots or stripes, or both!  This challenge is also sponsored by Ellen Hutson and the winner will receive a $25 gift certificate.

 photo 1959649_10205213099992902_5681272270503586469_n.jpg
 photo 10670086_10205367929906563_9109812701216931982_n-1.jpg

For this challenge, I decided to make a birthday card using the ah-dorable otter from "Year Five."

Lawnscaping Challenge #101: Otterly Great Birthday card by Handmade by Yuki | "Year 5" by Lawn Fawn

I started by coloring the stamped images with Copic Markers and cutting them out with the coordinating dies. I used the a small balloon die from the "Party Balloons" set to die cut the balloon from Simon Says Stamp "Green Apple" cardstock. I stamped the "Starry Backdrops" stamp over the balloon with the same color Simon Says Stamp ink for a tone-on-tone look. I then die cut the small highlight and matted the green balloon onto a white balloon. I tied a piece of white thread to the balloon and the otter's tail and secured the thread with foam tape on the backside.

Otter: E42, E43, E44, R20
Gift Box: YG01, YG03, Y13, Y19

To assemble my card, I used the two largest stitched rectangle dies from Lawn Fawn to create a frame for my scene. I then die cut the sky background from Bazzill "Icy Mint" cardstock and stamped the seagulls from the "Life is Good" set. I die cut three clouds from white cardstock and the sun from "Let's Polka" pattern paper using the dies from the "Spring Showers" set. I used the stitched scalloped border die to die cut the waves from "Pint-sized Patterns: Beachside" pattern paper. I did some selective stamping for the sentiment and stamped the "otterly" portion in Simon Says Stamp "Audrey Blue" dye ink. I fussy cut the sentiment and popped it up with foam tape. To finish the card, I added some Pretty Pink Posh sequins and Wink of Stella to the gift box and balloon.

I hope you were inspired by today's post and I cannot wait to see what you create! Thanks again for stopping by and if you would like to see more wonderful inspiration, be sure to visit the Lawnscaping Challenges Facebook page! ♥

S U P P L I E S


9 comments:

  1. OOooooooh that is the cutest little scene ever!!! It looks so three dimensional!! This is just beyond cute Yuki! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh
    my
    gosh!!!
    i just died! THIS IS THE CUTEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN!! i LOOOOOOOOVE this!! eek!! that otter - he's totally my favorite new image!! and wow!! i want to touch the card! look at all that dimension! wow! love love love love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!! Your card is soo much fun! What fantastic dimension and i love that little otter holding the present, adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love, love this card!!! Need I say more? :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Yuki!! That scene is so cute and I really like how you added so much dimension! I hope that things are going well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog look amaaaaaaaazing!!! Love your new photo and designe!!!! It's ike your projects, sweet and fun! And I love this card too! The dimension is incredible!! Yeeees! It's March!!! Hop Hop Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this is soooo cute!!! And your blog is soooo lovely!!! :)

    ReplyDelete