Monday, March 16, 2015

Lawnscaping Challenge #102 - Distress Addicts

Hi crafty friends! Today is the start of a new challenge over on the Lawnscaping Challenge blog and it's all about distress ink/distressing. One of my favorite techniques is creating backgrounds with Distress Inks, so I had tons of creating a card for this challenge.

 photo 988432_10205213102392962_5539496675503715919_n.jpg

For today's card, I used the "Bugs and Kisses" set to create a super cute nighttime scene. I used "Clark's ABCs" and "Milo ABCs" to create my custom sentiment.

 photo Lawnscaping 102 Distress Addicts_HandmadebyYuki_1.jpg

To begin the card, I cut two pieces of watercolor paper using the A2-sized stitched rectangle die. I then die cut one of the panels using the "Grassy Border" die. I white heat embossed the sentiment and stamped the fireflies directly on the panel. I used Mustard Seed distress ink to add a glow around the fireflies. To create the night sky, I used Peacock Feathers and Chipped Sapphire distress inks. For the grass, I used Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint. I then stamped the fireflies and mason jar on white cardstock and colored them in with Copic Markers. I them fussy cut the fireflies and mason jar lid. I stamped the mason jar again on a piece of vellum using Staz On "Jet Black" ink and fussy cut that out as well. To finish up the card, I adhered the fireflies directly onto the panel and sandwiched the vellum layer between the mason jar lid and background.

Fireflies: Y13, Y19, C0, C2
Mason Jar Lid: C2, C4

I absolutely love the way this card came together and the colors are so bold and vibrant in real life. I hope you were inspired today's post and I cannot wait to see what you create! Thanks again for stopping by and if you would like to see more wonderful inspiration, be sure to visit the Lawnscaping Challenges Facebook page! ♥




9 comments:

  1. This is darling Yuki!! Your distress ink background is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I LOVE THIS!! The vellum jar...the flow around those lightning bugs...beautiful!!! Honestly this card is amazing! It totally encompasses a perfect summer night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! beautiful colours and design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my .... love his!!! FABULOUS background!!!wooooow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card!!! Love your vibrant background and the way you made it look like light on your fireflys. Gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is so pretty, Yuki! The background is gorgeous and I really like how you used vellum for the jar! Such a cute card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow your card is so lovely!! The glow around the fireflies is soo realistic! Love how you used vellum on the mason jar!! (Beau Monde Designs)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so sweet! Love the flow you created and the vellum on the mason jar! I really like how the different fonts work so well together!

    ReplyDelete