Friday, March 27, 2015

Lawnscaping Challenge - March Blog Hop

Happy Friday everyone! It's time for another Lawnscaping Blog Hop, woohoo! You should have arrived here from Lenny's blog.


This blog hop is sponsored by InkRoad.com. The winner will receive a gift certificate, so be sure to leave a comment at every stop for a chance to win!

 photo 10952285_10205846485550155_8273056748928508251_n.jpg


This month is inspired by the color green. I decided to make a fun shaker card using the super cute "Critters in the Jungle" set.

Lawnscaping Challenge March Blog Hop: "Thanks A Bunch" by Handmade by Yuki | "Critters in the Jungle" by Lawn Fawn

To begin today's card, I started off by die cutting a piece of green cardstock using the A2-sized stitched rectangle die. I repeatedly stamped the smaller leaf stamp in the same green ink to create a tone-on-tone background. I then used a smaller stitched rectangle die to cut a window for the shaker portion. I used the same stitched rectangle die to cut a piece of blue cardstock. I then stamped and colored the images. I cut the images using the coordinating dies except for the grass. I didn't want a white border around the grass, so I fussy-cut the grassy by hand. I glued the grass directly onto the blue panel.

Elephant: T1, T3, T4, R20
Monkey: E30, E31, E55, E57, R20
Banana: Y11, Y13, Y19
Vine & Grass: YG13, YG17

I glued the die cut images directly onto the front panel of the shaker card. I then die cut two strips of darker green cardstock using a stitched scalloped border die and the grassy border die. I stamped the thank you sentiment directly onto the grass layer and then mounted the two strips onto the front panel with foam tape. To finish the card, I filled the shaker portion with Pretty Pink Posh sequins.

I hope you enjoyed today's card and thanks again for stopping by! Your next stop is Sabine's blog. ♥


Yukari (you are here) 



Pretty Pink Posh Sequins: Nature Mix, Gold Confetti, 4mm Mossy Green, 6mm Lemon Meringue.


36 comments:

  1. Like the fun interactive shaker card.
    Please sub symbols for the words in parens & no blanks in email address:
    sunshine_honeybee2004 (at sign) yahoo (dot) com
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this stamps set by Lawn Fawn.Your card is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is great!!! love the scene you made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is way too adorable! love the girly elephant and the cute monkey! I like the background and of course the sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adorable! Love your fun shaker card and all the fabulous details! Darling critters and perfect coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely adorable !!!! I love everything about this super cute card !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There isn't much cuter than a shaker card! Love how you did it with a jungle scene - PERFECT!

    You really need to come check out Anya, Oddies, and Others! We are all about stamps, any brand, but we do have a dedicated page for LawnFawn! Come link up and share your inspiration with other stampers!
    http://anyaoddiesandothers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! What a totally adorable shaker card!!! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! They are so fun to make! Love the stamped background! jaredyoshi21@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love shaker cards. the are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so adorable and such a fun scene!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh this card is soooo cute Yuki!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh my this is soo much fun and wayy too adorable! Just adore this jungle scene!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohmy...love this!!! Your cards are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so adorable!! Love shaker cards.
    janetzeppa@hotmail.ca

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Yukari....LOVE everything about your shaker card!! So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love this card! It kind of looks like the monkey is offering his elephant friend a banana!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love shaker cards and yours is awesome!!! I love it!!!
    patri_jorge_silva@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really cute shaker Yuki! I love that adorable monkey!!
    Nina-Marie
    ninamariedesign@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice, a fun shaker card, love the super cute "Critters in the Jungle" stamp set.
    TFS.avonsherry2003@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so darn cute!!! I love shakers and this is just the cutest scene!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So very SWEET! I love, love, love elephants and I'm always excited to see cards using them. You've created an amazing jungle scene and added a shaker element for an all around fabulous card!
    thomasjeri55atyahoodotcom

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a sweet jungle themed shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I forgot my e-mail.tina.pavlovic@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yuki your card is super duper sweeettt
    its a super sweet shaker card I have seen today
    Love the scene you made and that animal soo stinking cute
    love love love this Yuki
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adorable card! Love the stitched die and those very cute animals.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This card is adorable - thanks for the inspiration. I could see this being turned into some many differnt cards.
    Check out my blog: iwannastamprightnow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot my Email: iwannastamprightnow@gmail.com

      Delete
  28. All those cute animals, adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  29. this card is just great--love all the elements, the colors, the stamping, the design!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your jungle card. So darn cute :)

    ReplyDelete