Monday, March 9, 2015

Macaron Birthday Card Set + MISTI Stamping Tool

Hi crafty friends! So you may have noticed my blog layout has changed, I decided it was time for a new face lift and have changed things around a bit. The layout was designed by Mlekoshi and I absolutely love it!

For today's post, I made a birthday card set for one of my dear friends using the "Bonjour" stamp set by Avery Elle. My friend has a real sweet-tooth and absolutely loves macarons (but seriously, who doesn't love macarons lol!). She's a big fan of my handmade cards, so I thought it'd be nice to give her a card set for her birthday.

 photo AE Macaron Birthday Card Set_HandmadebyYuki.jpg

I ended up making a total of 6 cards and used my awesome new MISTI Stamping Tool. I recently took the plunge and ordered myself one of these, and let me tell you, I am so happy I did! This tool is absolutely amazing and a total must-have for any stamper/card maker. Even if you don't mass produce cards, I find myself using this tool all of the time now. I do have a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, however most of my acrylic blocks are either round or have wavy edges. As a result, I find that my blocks don't always line up nicely with the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig and I often misalign the stamp. So now, I always use my MISI when stamping sentiments or when I need to get perfect placement. It's also great when stamping larger stamps and solid stamps. You no longer have to worry about incomplete/blotchy stamping, yay!

I ordered the MISTI directly from My Sweet Petunia. I also ordered 1 Super Magnet and the recommended cleaner. Unfortunately, the store was out of the grid paper, but I do plan on ordering the grid paper and probably another magnet. The shipping was super fast, I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly my order was processed and shipped. Just a quick FYI, when you get your MISTI, you want to make sure you keep the black foam, you need this in order for your MISTI to work with clear stamps. You'll also need to apply the protective vinyl to the outside panel. When I'm working, I use a baby wipe to clean my stamps and quickly wipe up any ink smudged onto the MISTI. However, once I'm completely done crafting, I use the MISTI cleaner to wipe it all down.

I started the card set by stamping the solid macaron stamp in SSS Cotton Candy, SSS Sea Glass and Hero Arts Soft Vanilla inks using the MISTI tool. Once I stamped all of the solid images, I stamped the outline macaron image in SSS Hot Lips, SSS Audrey Blue and SSS Sunshine inks. Using the MISTI tool made it so easy to line up the outline stamp over the solid stamps. Once I had stamped all of my images, I cut them out using the coordinating die. I then used the MISTI to stamp the sentiment onto all of the main panels and stacked the macarons with foam tape. To assemble the cards, I added two strips of SSS "Cotton Candy" cardstock to each card and two scalloped strips of SSS "Lemon Chiffon" cardstock. For the background, I stamped the border stamp included in the set with SSS "Surf Blue" ink onto SSS "Surf Blue" cardstock and adhered the strips directly onto the cardbases.

These cards were so quick and easy to make and they really came together pretty quickly thanks to the MISTI tool. Thanks again for stopping by and see you next week! ♥




9 comments:

  1. Hello, dear Yuki! Happy Monday! :) First of all, I absolutely love the new face lift for the blog! Great colors and fonts. Did you have it custom made? I am looking for a new blogger template atm & need something already premade. Second, such a fun profile photo. You & your boyfriend makes such a cute couple. Third, just how super cute are these birthday cards?! Your friend would be thrilled to receive this set of cards! And lastly, sounds like you had a fun time learning and playing with your MISTI. I haven't yet got this tool, but have heard a lot about it. We'll see. But, I do have way too many acrylic blocks and not sure if it'll be worth it. I love to hear you report back on this new tool in a few weeks. Hope you'll have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comments! My new layout is actually a pre-made blogger template I purchased on Etsy (https://www.etsy.com/shop/mlekoshiPlayground?ref=l2-shop-info-name). I changed the fonts and made the "supplies" header, but everything else came with the template.

      Delete
    2. Ok. I will go check their premades templates. Thanks for the link! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my this is such a sweet card! I love love those macaroons!! The soft colors you chose are beautiful!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new blog looks wonderful! I need to do the same :) Your cards are just adorable as always, your friend will love these to pieces! I love my MISTI too and can't imagine life without it now! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Yuki, your new blog looks so pretty! Your cards today are so beautiful, such gorgeous colours and design, I haven't taken the plunge with the new Misti tool, but after seeing these maybe I should, thanks for sharing all the info. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also wanted to say I love your new blog design! ( i didnt see it before as i was on my phone) I love the color! So refreshing. I have been wanting to do the same but have been too lazy lol. The picture of you and your boyfriend he from is sooo very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card set! Your friend is really going to like those! And the new blog design is so cute!! I hope that things are going well with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice new blog and your card is adorable ♥

    ReplyDelete