Thursday, March 26, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs DT Post - "Big Wishes" Card

Hi crafty friends! Today I'm up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog sharing this super cute birthday card featuring the "Prehistoric Pals" stamp set.

"Big Wishes" Card by Handmade by Yuki | "Prehistoric Pals" by Newton's Nook Designs

To begin the card, I die cut a piece of Khaki cardstock using a 4" x 4" stitched squared die. I repeatedly stamped the "RAWR!" in the same color ink for a tone-on-tone look. I then die cut a circle out of the focal panel using a stitched circle die. I used the same stitched circle die to cut a piece of white and green cardstock. For the inner circle, I added some subtle clouds with Tumbled Glass distress ink by creating a mask using the cloud die from the Mama Elephant "Landscape Trio" die set. I then stamped the sentiment directly onto the circle panel. I die cut the green circle using the "Grassy Border" die from Lawn Fawn and glued it directly to the circular panel. Before stamping the super cute brontosaurus, I used a baby wipe to wipe away its eye. I then colored him in with Copic Markers and fussy-cut him out. I adhered him to the circular panel and give him a small googly eye. I cut a piece of green polka-dot paper from the Lawn Fawn "Let's Polka" 6x6 paper pack to 4.25" x 4.25" and attached it the same size cardbase. I popped up the khaki panel using foam tape and adhered the circular panel directly onto the cardbase. As a finishing touch, I added some white twine.

Brontosaurus: BV00, BV01, YG01, YG03

I hope you were inspired by today's post and thanks again for stopping by! ♥




5 comments:

  1. Adorable little dinosaur! Love the stitched circle and the stamped background! So cute Yuki!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable and love the design you created as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuki! This is the cutest! That googly eye is the best! Love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! The "RAWR" background is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete