Friday, March 27, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #19 - Watercolors

Hello! This is my second post of the day. To see my post for the Lawnscaping Challenge March Blog Hop, click here.


Today is the beginning of a new Inky Paws Challenge over on the Newton's Nook Designs blog. This challenge is all about creating a project using watercolor.


For today's card, I used the "Newton Dreams of Paris" stamp set to create Spring-inspired card. I decided to dust off my Inktense watercolor pencils and finally give the "no-line coloring" technique a try.

Inky Paws Challenge #19: "Bonjour" Watercolor Card by Handmade by Yuki | "Newton Dreams of Paris" by Newton's Nook Designs

To begin my card, I stamped Newton onto a piece of watercolor cardstock using "Antique Linen" distress ink. I colored him using my Inktense watercolor pencils to create a soft, watercolor look. Although there's different ways to color with watercolor pencils, my personal favorite is take a damp/wet paint brush directly to the pencil tip. I find this gives me the most control, especially for smaller areas. Once I finished coloring Newton, I fussy-cut him out. I used various pattern papers from the Christy Tomlinson "She Art" 6x6 paper pack. I die cut one of the pattern papers and a piece of vellum with a large tag die. For the vellum tag, I gold embossed the sentiment and little hearts. I then added a strip of gold polka-dot washi tape along the bottom to anchor Newton. I attached both tags together with some twine. I then used a Pretty Pink Posh stitched border die to create a white mat for the yellow panel and adhered it onto the green background. To finish the card, I added some Pretty Pink Posh sequins and rounded the two right corners.

I hope you were inspired by today's card and I can't wait to see your watercolor projects! Don't forget to visit the Newton's Nook Designs blog for more inspiration! ♥



5 comments:

  1. What a darling card Yuki! I love the vellum tag! Great job on the no-line coloring. I haven't been brave enough to try that yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Yuki!! You're no line water coloring technique is so beautifully done!! I seriously love the look of it! You're patterns in the background are soo nice together and your vellum tag with the embossed hearts is just perfect. All around stunning :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, how cute! I love the no-line coloring and the vellum tag is wonderful - just cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty coloring! And I love the gold embossing too! Thanks for playing along with our Watercolor Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete