Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs March Release Day 1

 photo MarchRelease_Icon2.png

Hi crafty friends! Today is the first reveal day of Newton's Nook Designs March release! Today we're showcasing "Beautiful Blossoms." Now how gorgeous are these flowers?! I'm usually a little intimidated by floral stamps, even though I think they're so gorgeous, but this stamp set was so fun to play with!

Floral Friendship Card by Handmade by Yuki | "Beautiful Blossoms" by Newton's Nook Designs

For today's card, I decided to paper piece the flower images to make a pretty and chic friendship card. I started off by white heat embossing several of the different images onto different colors of cardstock. I carefully fussy-cut all of the images and paper pieced the flowers. Although the fussy cutting did take some time, the white heat embossing acted like a guide and made things easier. I added some "White Opal" Liquid Pearls to the centers of the larger flowers. I then die cut a piece of white cardstock using a stitched rectangle die and stamped the sentiment in black ink. I used the My Favorite Things "Swiss Dots" stencil as a guide to make small polka dots with my black pen. To finish the card, I mounted my entire panel onto a black cardbase using foam tape.

I hope you like this card as much as I do, I just love how it turned out! Thanks again for stopping by and don't forget to hop along to all of the other blogs for a chance to win this set!



Would you like to win “Beautiful Blossoms”? 
This set will be given away to ONE lucky winner! 

Here's how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team and Guest blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective blog release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, March 19th at 9pm CDT to comment -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, March 20th.

 Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:




38 comments:

  1. I love the flower shapes, fantastic . TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple yet very elegant card, love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful I absolutely love the flowers! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design! Love those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh that is a beautiful set and your card is stunning! Those flowers are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great and the leaves actually look quilled!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty card! Can't wait to get this floral stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful Yuki! love your pretty floral card, tfs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blue, green, black and white...never thought about putting these colors together and I will DEFINITELY be doing that in the future..BEAUTIFUL card!
    Melissa
    Dollipop Productions (YouTube and Blogger)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card- it is so pretty and delicate

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a lot of patience for all that fancy fussy cutting - but it looks terrific! Lovely card Teamie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I do love your card, very much. It is chic and elegant and just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet and elegant! Love it!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty, I am really enjoying seeing what everyone is doing with this stamp set

    ReplyDelete
  15. The punched flowers really complement the stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LoVe your beautiful flowers.Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
  17. So fresh and pretty! I love the paper pieced flowers and your great color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty card design and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So elegant and lovely, so inspirational!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a lovely card - I love how you put the sentiment in the middle and used the flowers to frame it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is so clean and gives a spring freshness.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a perfect card! I love the use of the florals on the edges, beautifully framing the design

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow such a great and awesome card love the colors and the design you sure rocked this set.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely CAS card you made with it.
    Lovely greetings Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  25. clean and simple but so pretty.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your flower card is so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  27. your card is so elegant, beautiful, so clean, my favorite in this day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great card! I love the flowers stamps and the paper piece is the perfect accent! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so lovely! Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the soft colours and modern vibe of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous card! I love these blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So soft and sweet! I love the dimension on all the flowers!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete