Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sparkle & Shine Challenge TWO: Sketch Challenge sponsored by Winnie & Walter

Hi crafty friends! I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! I'm finally back home from Whistler, BC. It was such an amazing experience and I had so much fun! Below is a picture of my boyfriend and I taken on Whistler Mountain.


Now back to my post, it's time for a new challenge on the Sparkle & Shine Challenge blog and this challenge is a sketch challenge! The winner will receive a gift certificate to Winnie & Walter (woohoo!).

 photo IMG_7590.jpg
 photo logo.png

Sparkle & Shine Challenge Two: Cupcake Birthday Card by Handmade by Yuki | "Sugar Rush" by Winnie & Walter

For today's card, I was inspired by the diagonal element of the sketch, however I decided put my own spin on it. I used the cupcake from the "Sugar Rush" set by Winnie & Walter to create a super cute and girly birthday card. I used the little happy face from the "Love You A Latte" set from Lawn Fawn and used my Copic Multliner pen to add extra eye lashes. I colored the cupcake wrapper with Copic Markers and paper pieced the icing using pattern paper from the "Let's Polka: Mon Amie" 6x6 paper pack. I used the little bow from the "Critters at the Dog Park" and colored it with the same Copic Markers.

Cupcake: R81, R83, RV10 R20
Bow: R81, R83

I die cut the birthday sentiment from the "Birthday Words" set from Paper Smooches twice from white cardstock and then again from Simon Says Stamp "Cotton Candy" cardstock. I glued all of the layers together for some added dimension. I used a small stitched rectangle die for the focal panel and matted the focal panel onto two pieces of pattern paper from the "Let's Polka" 6x6 paper pack I had die cut using the stitched borders from Pretty Pink Posh. I die cut a piece of white carddstock and pink pattern paper using an A2-stitched rectangle die and used a different Pretty Pink Posh border die to create the diagonally edges. I die cut a bunch of little hearts from the same pink pattern paper and adhered them onto the focal panel. As a finishing touch, I added some Pretty Pink Posh sequins and clear Wink of Stella to the cupcake.

Pretty Pink Posh sequins: 4mm Marshmallow, 6mm Marshmall, 4mm Pink Blush

I absolutely love the happy little cupcake and how how girly this card came out. I hope my card has inspired you and I can't wait to see what you create! Be sure to swing by the Sparkle & Shine Challenge blog for more amazing inspiration and to play along! ♥




7 comments:

  1. Oh my SWEET...your card is darling!
    What an AWESOME photo...WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee...love the adorable little cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, soo sweet!! And that picture! Woah! The scenery is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH what an adorable card! I Love the little puffs of clouds on the corners! OH that picture of you on the mountain in the snow!! WOW! What a wonderful experience that must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card! the cupcake is so cute and the colours are beautiful. So glad you had a fun vacation, gorgeous photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome photo and unbelievably sweet card. So glad you gave the cupcake a very girlie personality...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yuki, you are one brave woman! I don't think I can do this in a thousand years! although I like cross-country skying, that's more my speed! lol
    The card is so adorable with its sweet colors!

    ReplyDelete