Tuesday, March 24, 2015

"What She Said" featuring Mama Elephant

Hi crafty friends! Today I have super cute birthday card to share with you featuring the new "Three Amigos" set by Mama Elephant. This set is just so cute and I love how it works for so many different types of occasions. I hope to make a few more cards using this set in the near future. My pile of unused products is quickly growing, and while I suppose it's a good problem to have, I'm trying to find time to make a few cards using each new stamp set.

"What She Said' Birthday Card by Handmade by Yuki | "Three Amigos" by Mama Elephant

I started off by die cutting the focal panel using one of the Simon Says Stamp "Stitched Squares" dies. I stamped the triangle background stamp from the Mama Elephant "On Point Borders" set in Simon Says Stamp "Sea Glass" dye ink. I then used an ink blending tool to sponge on some "Sea Glass" ink to the edges. I stamped and colored the images using Copic Markers and cut them out using the coordinating dies. I used the little bow from Lawn Fawn's "Critters at the Dog Park" and fussy-cut it out leaving a white border to match the other images.

Cat: C0, C2, R20
Raccoon: N1, N2, N4, T4, T5, R20
Bow: BG10, BG11
Signs: W0, W2, W4

I then adhered the stamped images onto a small hill I had die cut using a stitched border die from the "Borderlines Trio" set by Mama Elephant. I die cut two thin scalloped stripes using the medium scalloped die from the "Stitched Scalloped Borders" set by Lawn Fawn. I die cut the background using a large stitched square die from Simon Says Stamp "Sea Glass" cardstock. To add some subtle texture, I stamped the Hero Arts "Envelope Pattern" background in the same "Sea Glass" ink. It's a little difficult to see in the photo, but in real life it adds subtle texture to the background panel. I used a 4 1/4 x 4 1/4" cardbase and finished the card with a little bit of white twine.

This was such a cute and simple card to make and I just love how it turned out. I couldn't help but smirk when I originally saw the sentiments included in this set because it reminded me of my boyfriend and I. I usually take care of birthday cards, wrap the gifts and write the birthday messages. And then at some point, I tell him "sign here" lol. So I thought the "what she said" sentiment was so fitting. I hope you enjoyed today's card and thanks again for stopping by! ♥




7 comments:

  1. Hi Yuki! Your card is soo sweet! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh they are soooo cute!!! This set is amazing and your card is lovely!! :) You are a super lucky crafter with all those supplies..! can't wait to see what you will create with theme!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek this is adorable!!! Love your don't colors. This set is way too cute. I have the sort of husband when it comes to cards lol, sometimes I give up on waiting for him to sign and just do it for him, this card is the perfect solution for that lol. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaw, this is so adorable!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heheh! This is just adorable! Love those cute little animals and that sentiment is so perfect! My hubby is the same way!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL such a cute scene with the funny sentiment!

    ReplyDelete