Friday, April 10, 2015

"Congrats, you're awesome!" featuring Mama Elephant

Hi crafty friends! A little while ago I spent some time coloring the critters from the Mama Elephant "Three Amigos" set just for fun. I like to keep extra colored and die cut images in a little ceramic bowl on my craft desk. I find keeping extra pre-colored images to be a real time saver. But lately I've been so busy making cards from start to finish for different projects, that I haven't found the time to just sit down and play with my stamps and just color for fun.

"Congrats, you're awesome" card by Handmade by Yuki | "Three Amigos" by Mama Elephant

I decided to use a few extra colored images to make a cute, quick and simple "congrats" card. I know I've said it before, but I really love these critters and the sentiments always make me chuckle. To really showcase the critters and the sentiments, I decided to keep the rest of the scene simple. I used patter papers from the Avery Elle "The Everyday Collection" 6x6 Paper Pack for the sky and the grass.

This card came together so quickly and I think the cute critters really steal the show. I'm submitting this card to the Mama Elephant April Flickr Challenge. If you haven't already heard, Mama Elephant has decided to host their monthly card challenges on Flickr, so swing by the ME Flickr group for more details and to play along! ♥
 photo Mama-Elephant-logo-200x200.png




10 comments:

  1. This is adorable, Yuki! I love the sentiment! Fabulous design too! Do you remember what copic markers you used on the cat? I love that color. Such a pretty yellow. I hope you'll have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used Y21 & Y23 for the cat, one of my favorite yellow combinations :).

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Yuki! I just love that yellow, that's why I asked. I could see myself using those colors together over & over again and of course not just for critters. Again, thank you so much for responding back! Have yourself a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww that's just adorable! I love those cute little ME animals and your scene is just perfect! So glad you got time to create for fun. I was planning on doing a lot of that and them Wham! got hit with a ton of stuff! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh these are cute!!! :)
    I love your colouring Yuki!! I'm so happy these days because I bought some copics!! YAY!! :) I realy have no idea about how to get this cool effect you created with these!!! Do you have any hints for my first copic colouring?! What's your favourite ink to use with copics?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so excited for you! You're going to love using your Copic Markers :). There's tons of great videos on YouTube, however a really great place to start is the Online Card Classes: Copic Markers for Card Makers (http://onlinecardclasses.com/copic/class-info/). This is such a great and informative class. It's perfect for all levels. I learned so much about Copic coloring and different techniques. They also offer practice coloring sheets too.

      I use My Favorite Things "Black Licorice" Hybrid ink. I used to use Memento "Tuxedo Black" Ink (which is also copic friendly), but I found the MFT black ink stamps darker and more crisp. I use Neenah Solar White 80# and 110# cardstock for all of my coloring. I absolutely love this cardstock and the 80# version is extremely affordable on Amazon. I bought an entire ream last year and I still have so much left!

      I hope you have tons of fun with your Copic Markers and please let me know if you have any other questions! :)

      Delete
    2. thank you soooo much Yuki!! :)
      I'd love to take that class.. but i only have 3 shades of brown, grey and a pink! ihih!! my little collection! :)
      Here in Italy Neenah solar white doesn't exist.. and shipping rates are really too much expensive for paper.. it's really heavy!!
      But I tried on my usual white paper and I love the result!.. but on the behind all the colors passed through a little.. can you do one -layer project with copic and Neenah solar white paper?
      oh and I only found memento black ink on amazonitalia so i'm going to use that! :)
      kisses :)

      Delete
    3. That's good your normal white cardstock worked! It's normal for Copics to bleed through the back and Neenah 80# does bleed through as well. It usually means you saturated the paper enough to blend. However, you'll see less bleeding with thicker cardstock such as Neenah 110# and SSS Ultra Heavy 120# cardstock. The SSS 120# cardstock works very well with Copics too.

      Delete
  5. Oh my CUTE...soooo fun and I love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is oh so sweet Yuki! Love those critters as well, the "what they said" sentiment cracks me up, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete