Monday, April 6, 2015

Lawnscaping Challenge #103 - Dimension

Hi crafty friends! It's time for another Lawnscaping Challenge. This challenge is all about incorporating dimension into your project - one of my favorites! The winner of this challenge will win a $25 gift certificate to Ellen Hutson.


 photo 10670086_10205367929906563_9109812701216931982_n-1.jpg

For today's card, I decided to use the new "Let's Play" set to create a fun (and very dimensional) birthday card. :)

Lawnscaping Challenge #103: Happy Birthday by Handmade by Yuki | "Let's Play" by Lawn Fawn


I started off by using the two largest stitched rectangle dies to die cut a frame from white cardstock. I used the smaller stitched rectangle die to die cut a piece of blue pattern paper from the "Pint-sized: Beachside" 6x6 paper pack, two pieces of green pattern paper from the Echo Park "Dots & Stripes" 6x6 paper pack and a piece of vellum. I then die cut the green pattern papers with the grassy border die and one of the stitched hillside border dies. I die cut 3 white clouds from the "Spring Showers" set and glued them onto the blue layer. I then white heat embossed the sentiment included in the "Let's Play" set directly onto the vellum and adhered that directly over the blue layer to add some added dimension to my scene. I colored the stamped images using Copic Markers and cut them out using the coordinating dies. To finish the card, I die cut the "Happy Birthday Border" die from white cardstock and glued it directly onto the layer of grass.

While this card may not be very "mail-friendly," I absolutely love all of the fun dimension. I hope you were inspired by today's post and I cannot wait to see what you create! Thanks again for stopping by and if you would like to see more wonderful inspiration, be sure to visit the Lawnscaping Challenges Facebook page! ♥




11 comments:

  1. Super sweet card!! Love the scene that you created!
    You rocked the layers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, love your sweet scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet birthday card! The critters are so adorable! Your coloring is divine as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww totally adorable little scene!! I love the patterned paper for the grass and the little animals are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek! I LOVE this! Those little critters look like they're having do much fun! And they're sooooo adorable! I LOVE how you colored them! Those little white dots are so adorable! Squeal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Yuki! This scene is just too darn cute. love it .... while it might not be mailable I'm sure whomever you give it to by hand will love it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Yuki! This scene is just too darn cute. love it .... while it might not be mailable I'm sure whomever you give it to by hand will love it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is soo soo cute!! Love your scene and the way you used pattern paper to crate the grass and hills! Fantastic! Lovely card with so fuchsia fun dimension :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful scene Yuki! love this stamp set so cute!

    ReplyDelete