Monday, April 20, 2015

Lawnscaping Challenge #104 - Sketch

Hi crafty friends! Today is the start of a new challenge over on the Lawnscaping Challenge blog. This challenge is inspired by the sketch image below.


 photo LawnFawnlogo.jpg

For today's card, I was inspired by the general layout of the sketch and decided to make a fun birthday card using the "Critters in the Jungle" set.

Lawnscaping Challenge #104: Jungle Birthday Card by Handmade by Yuki | "Critters in the Jungle" by Lawn Fawn

To begin the card, I used the smaller stitched rectangle dies to create the focal panels. For the smaller rectangles, I did some partial die cutting to make them fit onto the A2-sized panel. I stamped the images directly onto the panels and colored them in with Copic Markers. I used Tumbled Glass distress ink for the sky. I used pattern paper from the "Let's Polka: Mon Amie" 6x6 paper pack for the background and wrapped some May Arts Natural Twine around the center of the panel. I die cut another stitched rectangle out of kraft cardstock and stamped the birthday sentiment from the "Year Two"set. To finish the card, I added some leaves to the sentiment panel.

Parrot: R24, R27, R46, Y11, Y13, Y19, B00, B02, B04, W0, W2, W4
Snake: E42, E43, E43, R01, R02
Leopard: Y21, Y23, E43, E44, E47
Grass: YG13, YG17
Leaves: G03, G05, G17

I hope you were inspired by today's post and thanks again for stopping by! Visit the Lawnscaping Challenges Facebook page to see much more amazing inspiration! ♥




6 comments:

  1. This birthday card is incredibly CUTE! You did a fantastic job with the sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, Yuki!! Such a cute idea to create little scenes with the panels! And I really like how your highlighted the sentiment with the leaves and twine! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So totally adorable! I love the little windows with the cute little jungle animals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this little jungle scene!!
    Great take on that sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now how cute is this?! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously ADORE your take on this sketch! Sooo cute! Love your scene and design!

    ReplyDelete