Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs April Release Day 1


Hi crafty friends! Today is the first day of Newton's Nook Designs April release! Today we're showcasing "Delightful Doxies." Aren't these Doxies just the cutest ever? I also love all of the smaller images included in this set and the wonderful sentiments as well.

Doxie Shaker Card by Handmade by Yuki | "Delightful Doxies" by Newton's Nook Designs

I decided to make a fun shaker card of the Doxie floating through the clouds with a kite. I used the "Femme Frames" die set by Mama Elephant to create a frame for the shaker window. I used a stitched cloud die to add a layer of clouds to the front of the shaker window and stamped the sentiment directly onto the clouds. For the background, I used pattern paper from the Pink Paislee "Hello Sunshine" 6x6 paper pack. I paper pieced the kite using pattern paper from the Pink Paislee "Solstice" 6x6 paper pack. I stamped the kite string directly onto the acetate layer using Staz On "Jet Black" ink. I filled my shaker with Pretty Pink Posh sequins and seed beads. To give a little pop of color, I die cut a small heart and colored it with my R24 Copic Marker and added some clear Wink of Stella. And as a finishing touch, I added Glossy Accents to the heart, kite, bow and dog collar.

Doxie: E13, E15, E17, R22
Collar: C0, C2, BG15, BG18
Bow: BG13, BG15

This set is seriously so cute and I had so much fun making this card. I hope you were inspired by today's card and thanks again for stopping by! Don't forget to hop along to all of the other blogs for a chance to win this set!



Would you like to win “Delightful Doxies”?
This set will be given away to ONE lucky winner! 

Here's how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team and Guest blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective blog release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, April 16th at 9pm CDT to comment  -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, April 17th. 

Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:






35 comments:

  1. Super sweet shaker card!! Love the soft colors .... euh... love everything about this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is the cutest shaker card ever!! What an adorable little dog and I love the cloud background!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredibly adorable shaker card!! Love the sentiment nestled among the clouds! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My! Does it get any better than this? Doggie AND shaker? EEEK I LOVE this card!!!! Beautiful ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your shaker card!!!! It is very AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this scene is so cute and super ssweet! ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute cute card! Thanks for sharing the copic colors, I have the worst time coloring animals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute is this, Yuki! I am seriously loving your scenes cards. Your cards never fail to amaze me. I love the shaker element on this card too! Just so, so CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really cute card. Love all of the clouds.
    thanks for sharing a darling card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh this is tooo cute!!! ihih! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving your delightful
    shaker dogie card!
    Too cute.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful and cute shaker card love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eeek! Oh my, this is seriously the cutest! Love this set and the scene you created is just way to adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so SWEET...love your shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is just too cute! Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely card- all the elements are perfect and it so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love, love, love!!! This is such a sweet shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loVe your cute doxie shaker card. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute idea for a shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Shaker cards are trending and yours is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute shaker card. Love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this doggy shaker card! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How cute is this!!! Love shaker cards! Terrific card!
    Melissa
    Dollipop Productions on YouTube and Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this dog :) Great idea to use the clouds this way!

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG OMG OMG!! This is just SO FUN!! I LOVE the Neat Shaker Design of this and your FUN Paper Choices!! SUPER Sweet Card!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I LOOOOOOOOOOVE this shaker!!! It's totskky you!! Beautiful coloring - check!! Whimsical scene - check! Clean and crisp image - check! LOOOOOOOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So cute!! The patterned paper was absolutely perfect for this!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fantastic card. I love that you made this a shaker. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  29. This card is super cute!! Love that it's a shaker too.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What fun! Love your fab shaker!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is such a delightful shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is just adorable! Love your fun shaker card!

    ReplyDelete