Thursday, April 23, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs DT Post - Trifold Thank You Card

Hi crafty friends! Today I'm up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog sharing this super fun trifold card featuring "Fanciful Florals." Today's card was heavily inspired by Julie Ebersole's card featured in the latest Online Card Class: Stretch Your Dies. Her card was absolutely gorgeous and her video made it so easy to replicate this technique.

Trifold Thank You Card by Handmade by Yuki | "Fanciful Florals" by Newton's Nook Designs
I initially started off with Neenah 110# cardstock, but after having to play around with the score lines and getting it to fold down just right, I ended up switching to the 80# version which was a lot easier to manipulate. I used Lawn Fawn's "Finley's ABCs" to partially die cut the sentiment from the card panel. I die cut the letters again from silver glitter cardstock to help the sentiment stand out from the background. I stamped the flowers in Hero Arts "Soft Cantaloupe" ink, the leaves in Hero Arts "Mint Julep" ink and the small dots in Simon Says Stamp "Fog" ink. I pieced together the "for everything" sentiment from the Newton's Nook Designs "Simply Sentimental" set and stamped it right under the "thanks." As a finishing touch, I added a small strip of matching washi tape.

I really love how this card turned out and it was actually pretty easy to make. Today's card is also perfect for the latest Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Bouquet. Thanks again for stopping by! ♥





7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Yuki! I really like those glittery letters! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love those glitter letters! I need to invest in some alphabet dies. You did amazing with these. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo this is seriously STUNNING! The colors of the flowers on white is just beautiful & love the glittery sentiment! Perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo Pretty! I love that mint ink and the sparkle ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the colors and glitz = perfect!

    ReplyDelete