Friday, April 24, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #20 - Sketch

Hi again! This is my third post of the day, for the Simon Says Stamp "Falling For You" Blog Hop, click here. For the Lawnscaping Challenge April Blog Hop, click here.

Today is the beginning of a new Inky Paws Challenge over on the Newton's Nook Designs Blog. It's a sketch challenge and I decided to take a pretty direct approach with today's card. As you might have heard, Kristina Werner recently lost her beloved kitty, Mannie. I was absolutely heartbroken when I heard of Mannie's passing and my deepest condolences go out to Kristina. I know she was a big fan of Newton's Nook Designs, so I decided to make a sympathy card in memory of Mannie.

 photo Inky Paws Challenge 20_HandmadebyYuki.jpg
I stamped the kitty and small heart from the "Newton's Antics" stamp set onto a white panel. I colored him to look like Mannie using Copic Markers. I pieced together the sentiment from the "Simply Sentimental" set and white heat embossed it onto grey cardstock. For the background, I used pattern paper from the Avery Elle "The Neutral Collection" 6x6 paper pack. I used a combination of pattern papers from the Avery Elle "The Everyday Collection" and "The Harvest Collection" 6x6 paper packs for the banner strips. To finish the card, I added some Lawn Fawn "Silver Sparkle" twine.

Mannie: T3, T4, T5, T7, C0, C2, R01, R02
Ground: W2, W4, W6
Hearts: RV66, RV69

I hope you were inspired by today's card and I can't wait to see what you create! Don't forget to visit the Newton's Nook Designs blog for more inspiration! ♥




35 comments:

  1. This card is BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely, cute sleeping beauty and love those little banners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet of you to make a card in memory of Kristina's cat. The card is both cute and heartwarming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card! Love the cute little cat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was so thoughtful to make a card looking like Mannie. I really miss him and really enjoyed listening to him in the background of Kristina's videos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, love you card for Mannie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is so cute and adorable :)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card! Rest in peace Mannie! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this cute card. What a tribute to Mannie. Great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet thing to do. I was so sad when I read about Mannie too. You've captured his likeness so perfectly with your beautifully colored kitty! Amazing card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww what a sweet thing for you too! I too was so sad to hear about Mannie:( what a sweet, soft card. Love the way you colored your kittie:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Luv how you used the grey on grey tones, makes for a stunning card! The others are just as beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great card and very sweet of you! I found because of the blog hop and have been reading and looking at your other posts and I have to say that every single card is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE LOVE LOVE the new release...off to do some shopping;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is adorable! I love the coloring on it. So soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is so pretty. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So Sweet. I saw it was Mannie at the first glimps. Kristina will love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a BEAUTIFUL Card!! ;) I LOVE the design and Kristina is surly to SMILE when she opens it!! ;) THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your amazing card made with these new release items. Love the clean feeling of your monochrome card with just a few small pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this card Yuki, your cards are always so beautiful and clean. Cx

    ReplyDelete