Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - CAS


wed-newchallenge-header
Hi crafty friends! Today is my final post as Guest Designer for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog. It's been an absolute blast and I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's amazing creations. This week's challenge is all about creating a clean and simple card using Hero Arts products. The winner of this week's challenge will receive a $50 gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store (woohoo!).

50dollar_voucher_600px

For this week's challenge, I decided to make a CAS, masculine card. I always seem to have plenty of cutesy cards, but sometimes I find myself needing more simple, masculine cards. And while it's not usually my style, I always enjoy the challenge of creating a CAS design.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: CAS Masculine Card by Handmade by Yuki | "Be Happy Today" by Hero Arts
For today's card, I used the "Be Happy Today" set by Hero Arts. This card was super quick and easy to make thanks to my MISTI stamping tool. I used four different shades of teal cardstock to create an ómbre look. I cut each piece to 1.5" x 3". I stamped the sentiment using my MIST tool. This ensured the sentiment was stamped in the perfect spot each time. I then cut each piece into 3/4" strips. I used a piece of printer paper to attach all of my pieces of cardstock to give an inlaid die cut appearance. I popped my sentiment strip with foam tape onto a piece of white cardstock and matted that onto a beige cardbase.

I hope you enjoyed today's card and my projects this month for the SSS Wednesday Challenge Blog! Don't forget to visit the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog to see more amazing inspiration and to play along! ♥

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog 

Simon Says Stamp




18 comments:

  1. Fabulous CAS masculine card, Yuki! I like your ombre look using cardstocks! It seems like you are enjoying your MISTI a lot. I am still on the fence about the MISTI. I'm afraid that if I get it, then the next big thing will come out next year. Lol! Happy Earth Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully CAS, Yuki! Love the pretty shades of aqua!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Yuki :-) my fave colour and I love the simple design, beautiful ! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORE the gradient of colors! Perfect example, Yuki!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card Yuki, a lovely design and gorgeous shades of turquoise (one of my favourite) and a stunning sentiment!!

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LOOOOOVE this!!! beautiful colors!! looooove the monochormatic theme you chose!! and awesome sentiment! it's totally masculine, too!! awesome!! you should be a regular for the SSS wednesday challenge - you're SO inspiring!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool card; I love those colors, the changing of the lighter to darker, and the simplicity of it all. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card, Yuki! I really like the blues :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So simple and pretty! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your CAS design Yuki! Perfect masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. super cute card, luv this....hope you have a fabulous weekend!

      sparkle & shine *~*

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  12. Love the colour gradation and fresh look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Yuki!! Love the ombre panel!! So pretty!!

    hugs...

    ReplyDelete