Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Happy Birthday

wed-designerspotlight-header
Hi crafty friends! I'm super excited to announce that I will be the Guest Designer for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for the entire month of April! :)


wed-newchallenge-header
This week's challenge is extra special because Simon Says Stamp is celebrating their 6th birthday! To celebrate, the theme is happy birthday featuring Simon Says Stamp products. And unlike most challenges, there will be six (6) lucky winners! The winners will receive a $50 gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Store.


For today's card, I used the new SSS "Workout" stamp set and coordinating dies to create an uplifting birthday card.

SSS Wednesday Challenge: Birthday Card by Handmade by Yuki | "Workout" by Simon Says Stamp

I started off by cutting a piece of white cardstock to 4.25" x 5." I used my MISTI stamping tool to stamp one of the Mama Elephant "Modern Borders" stamps in Sunshine, Lemongrass and Mojito pigment inks to create an ombré look. I stamped the happy birthday sentiment from the Winnie & Walter "The Big, The Bold and the Happy" stamp set directly onto the background panel. I then cut a smaller panel from white cardstock and applied a light layer of Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed distress inks and stamped the sentiment included in the SSS "Workout" set. I stamped the image of the girl meditating and colored her in with Copic Markers. I don't often color people, so I must admit I rather enjoyed coloring this image. Once I colored the girl, I cut her out using the coordinating die. I mounted her onto the smaller panel with foam tape. To finish the card, I adhered the layers onto a black cardbase and added some green enamel dots.

Hair: T4, T5, T7
Skin:E00, E11, E13, R01, RV11
Shirt: YG13, YG17
Pants & Sports Bra: C2, C4, C6

I hope you were inspired by today's card and I can't wait to see what you create! Don't forget to visit the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog to see more amazing inspiration and to play along! ♥
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog
Simon Says Stamp





24 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your guest DT spot! Well deserved! The colors you have chosen to use together are just gorgeous. Sure to touch the recipients heart. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Yuki! I love the elements you put together for your card! Great ombre stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, Yuki! I love the elements you put together for your card! Great ombre stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the GD!! That's awesome!!
    Fun card!! Love that background!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Yuki :-) I love this image and I have just ordered this set, can't wait for it to arrive now ! This is fabulous ! I love the background and your colouring of the image is perfect !

    Welcome ! we have been really looking forward to having you along with us this month :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card Yuki, a lovely design and a gorgeous background.......I just love the image and set!!
    It's great to have you with us this month!!

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Yuki!!!! C-O-N-G-R-A-T-S!!!! Love all your projects!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yayness!! Congrats, Miss Lady!! This card is sooooooo CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super cute! I love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooo! So pretty! Love the yellow and greens! The background is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your GD !!! You are super talented !!!! I love your cards and this one is wonderful !!!!
    Hugs,
    Mayra
    MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful coloring and I love the varigated background stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your work is BEAUTIFUL, Yuki! I love your coloring and the background is absolutely delightful! So happy to have you guest designing with us over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally gorgeous card, Yuki! Love the way you did the background :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad I discovered you via SSS! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card! I just love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic card! Love, love your coloring and your colorful background and congratulations on your guest design!! You rocked it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this, love the colours of your background. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  19. love this card! The colors are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty Yuki, I love the background colours - very zen!!

    ReplyDelete