Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make Your Own Background

Hello! This is my second post of the day. To see my post for the Newton's Nook Designs April Reveal Day 2, click here. For my Sparkle & Shine Challenge post, click here.


wed-newchallenge-header
Hi there! It's time for another Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! This week's challenge is all about making your own background using My Favorite Things products. The winner of this week's challenge will receive a $50 gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store.

50dollar_voucher_600px

For today's card, I decided to use the adorable new "I Knead You" set by My Favorite Things and the "Swiss Dots" stencil to create a polka dot background. I was so happy to finally get my hands on this set - those kitties are just too cute!

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: "Just Fur You" cat card by Handmade by Yuki | "I Knead You" by My Favorite Things

I decided to create a simple tone-on-tone background by using the Simon Says Stamp "Surf Blue" cardstock and dye ink. I colored the die cut images using Copic Markers and adhered them onto a scalloped circle I die cut from vellum. I stamped the sentiment onto a stitched banner and added some matching enamel dots for interest. To add a little pop of color, I die cut three small hearts from Simon Says Stamp "Cotton Candy" cardstock. To add some subtle dimension, I matted my entire focal panel onto a piece of vellum. I then adhered all of the layers onto a cream cardbase.

I absolutely love how this card turned out and I think it would be the perfect card to give to a fellow cat lover. I hope you were inspired today and I cannot wait to see what you create! Don't forget to visit the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog to see more amazing inspiration and to play along! ♥

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog 

Simon Says Stamp




18 comments:

  1. Adorable card! Such a sweet image!! Wonderful layout too! :)

    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww such a sweet card :) i can't wait to play with the I knead you set ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute, Yuki! Everything about your card is so crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute, Yuki! Everything about your card is so crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word!!! So so so so adorable!!! That kitty - eeeek!!! So cute! And LOVE that polka dotted background! A great idea for this card! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just darling! Love your polka dot background for your sweet scene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these sweet kitties, and what a fabulous design, Yuki! Love it!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Utterly SWEET! I love your background with the vellum over...just lovely in every way, Yuki!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous card Yuki, a fabulous background and colour......your image is over the vellum is just adorable!!

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your card is so adorable! Love the colors and image a lot. :)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my , this is adorable!! Love how you incorporated the vellum. That stamp set is way to cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card, what a cute image ! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello Yuki! this is precious, I so luv this card...hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello Yuki! this is precious, I so luv this card...hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous Yuki, I love your background and all the details. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just adore this Yuki - your style is so fresh - I LOVE it!!
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete