Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes


wed-newchallenge-header
Hi crafty friends! So I thought last week was my final post as Guest Designer for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, but I guess there's 5 weeks in April (ha!). So today will be my final post and I must say it's been a blast! Thanks again to the wonderful SSS Wednesday Challenge Team for all of their kindness and support!

This week's challenge is anything goes, woohoo! The winner of this week's challenge will receive a $50 gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store.
50dollar_voucher_600px
For today's card, I decided to make a cute baby shower card featuring the recently released "Baby Party Animals" set by Simon Says Stamp and "Hello Baby" by Lawn Fawn, these two sets go wonderfully together!

"Happy Shower" by Handmade by Yuki | "Baby Party Animals" by Simon Says Stamp and "Hello Baby" by Lawn Fawn
I used the Simon Says Stamp "Frames" die set to create my cute scene. For the background, I used "Peacock Feathers" and "Iced Spruce" distress inks to create the sky and "Mowed Lawn" distress ink for the grass. I stamped the "Falling Hearts" background stamp from Simon Says Stamp in "Audrey Blue" over the sky to give a tone-on-tone look. I paper pieced the umbrella from the "Hello Baby" set using pattern paper form the "Let's Polka" 6x6 paper pack. And then I white heat embossed the sentiment onto black cardstock. To give the frame some added stability and dimension, I ended up die cutting the frame 3 times and glued all of the layers together.

Monkey: E30, E31, E55, E57, R20
Cat: Y21, Y23, R20, W0, W2
Rabbit: T1, T3, T4, R20, W0, W2

I hope you enjoyed today's card and my projects this month for the SSS Wednesday Challenge Blog! Don't forget to visit the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog to see more amazing inspiration and to play along! ♥

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog 

Simon Says Stamp




18 comments:

  1. What a darling card, Yuki! We've enjoyed having you with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling card, Yuki! We've enjoyed having you with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! Love those little critters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally adorable card Yuki :-) the little critters are super cute and I love the subtle falling shower of hearts, a lovely detail :-)

    It has been a real pleasure having you along with us and I am so glad you enjoyed it XX

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooooh that is such a cute card!! I love the little group of animals with the umbrella! Love your background too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SoooooooOOOOooooooooOOOoo adorable!!! I just love those cute little baby critters! And the background scene is just lovely!! Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous 'Baby shower' card Yuki, a lovely design and fabulous background sky with the falling hearts.........your critters are adorable and great colouring!!

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorably sweet card Yuki!! Love the cute scene you created!!

    We loved having you with us all month!! :)

    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such an adorable 'baby shower' card! I love the inky background with the falling hearts. It's fabulous! Can't wait to get my hands on this Baby Party Animals set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So darn cute! Love this new stamp set, and it's colored beautifully.

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card Yuki, the little animals are so cute,tfs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card, those animals are just sooo cute !

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh beautiful card Yuki!! :) love how you colored all those cute critters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable and gorgeous card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this, it's gorgeous and my Baby Party Animal stamps just turned up so I can't wait to get home and play with them, inspired by your lovely card. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah! Soo cute!! Love your background! Can't wait to get this set!:)

    ReplyDelete