Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Sparkle & Shine Challenge FOUR: Unforgettable Birthday

Hello again! This is my third post of the day. For the SSS Wednesday Challenge post, click here. For Day 2 of Newton's Nook Design's April release post, click here.



It's time for a new challenge on the Sparkle & Shine Challenge blog and this challenge is a sketch challenge! The winner will receive a gift certificate to Winnie & Walter.

 photo logo.png

Sparkle & Shine Challenge Four: Unforgettable Birthday by Handmade by Yuki | "Unforgettable" by WPlus9

For today's card, I used the super adorable new "Unforgetable" set by WPlus9 to create a cute birthday card. I actually bought this set when it first released and I've been dying to use it. I incorporated the vertical elements from the sketch by creating a scalloped border using the "Stitched Scalloped" border die from Pretty Pink Posh and the stitched strip die from the "Picket Fence Border" die set from Lawn Fawn. As an added touch, I added a small bow I cut using the "Dainty Bow" die from Mama Elephant. For the focal panel, I masked off some clouds from the "Hello Baby" set from Lawn Fawn and inked up the background using Simon Says Stamp "Sea Glass" Dye Ink. I colored the hill using "Cracked Pistachio" distress ink. I then colored the adorable little elephant and party hat using Copic Markers. For the background, I added horizontal lines by hand using my BG11 Copic Marker. To finish the card, I added some matching Pretty Pink Posh sequins.

Elephant: N1, N2, N4, R20
Party Hat: BG32, BG34

I absolutely love this set and I was so happy to finally have a chance to use it! I have so many ideas and I will definitely create more cards using this set in the future. I hope my card has inspired you and I can't wait to see what you create! Be sure to swing by the Sparkle & Shine Challenge blog for more amazing inspiration and to play along! ♥




12 comments:

  1. You are on a roll, Yuki! Total cuteness overload! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER CUTE!! LOVE the Sweet Little Bow too!! =) Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so so so adorable! LOVE that party hat on the elephant! So cute!! And the soft colors...sigh. GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is adorable and I love the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww such a sweet card!! Love the beautiful soft colors! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love everything about this card! You seriously did amazing with that sketch. I'm in love with stamp set, it's so stinking cute and you rocked it for sure & that bow? LOVE it !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable! Love the elephant and that sweet bow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super adorable card! I love the mint color and that elephant is adorable! Can you tell me who the maker of the bow die is, because when I click on it, it is giving me an error. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry, I see now who the maker of the bow is. I apparently overlooked that when reading, lol!

      Delete
    2. Hi! Thank you for your sweet words! And thank you for letting me know the link was broken, just fixed it :)

      Delete