Monday, May 4, 2015

Lawnscaping #105 - Watercolors


 photo 10670086_10205367929906563_9109812701216931982_n-1.jpg
Hi crafty friends! It's time for another Lawnscaping Challenge, woohoo! This challenge is all about incorporating watercolors in your projects and the winner will win a $25 gift certificate to Ellen Hutson. I decided to use the "smooshing" technique with Distress Inks to make a cute "love you" card for my boyfriend's birthday which is later this week.
"I Love You" Watercolor Card by Handmade by Yuki | "Whale You Be Mine?" by Lawn Fawn
I used Faded Jeans and Salty Ocean distress inks to create my waves. To give the waves that extra "artsy" look, I let the ink dry in between each smooshing. I then cut the watercolor paper using a stitched circle die and created the waves using one of the new Pretty Pink Posh stitched border dies. I absolutely love the irregular scallops and think they make perfect waves. I then used Tumbled Glass to create a soft, subtle sky. I curved the love you sentiment from the "Scripty Sayings" set and did some selective stamping. I colored the cute whales with Copic Markers and cut them out using the coordinating dies. To add a little pop of color, I die cut a small heart and colored it with my R20 Copic Marker. To finished the card, I added some "Sparkling Clear" Pretty Pink Posh sequins.
 photo Lawnscaping 105 Close-Up_HandmadebyYuki.jpg
I absolutely love how this cute little card turned out and I had so much fun playing around with the "smooshing" technique. I hope you were inspired by today's card and I cannot wait to see what everyone creates! Thanks again for stopping by and be sure to visit the Lawnscaping Challenges Facebook page to see much more amazing inspiration! ♥

Pretty Pink Posh: 4mm Sparkling Clear, 6mm Sparkling Clear, 8mm Sparkling Clear, Stitched Borders 3

9 comments:

  1. So CUTE! I love the "artsy" watercolored look and how the sentiment is curved to create a unique design. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww...this is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHGoodness!! Cuteness overload!! This is just darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness this card is adorable!! i LOOOOOOOOVE how cute it is! those little whales are just AMAZING!! i love the watercolored waves with the stitching lines - wow!! this is totally captivating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, Love what you did with the water colors! Those waves are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card! I especially love the shape and those watercolores waves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is gorgeous Yuki!! The waves are so pretty and that is the perfect sentiment for the scene! So cute!! I hope things are going well with you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girllll, your stuff is always so fabulous and adorable!

    ReplyDelete