Monday, May 18, 2015

Lawnscaping #106 - Try A New Technique

 photo LawnFawnlogo.jpg
Hi there! There's a new Lawnscaping Challenge and this is a fun one! This challenge is all about trying out a new technique. This challenge is sponsored by Lawn Fawn and the winner will receive a stamp set of their choice.
Lawnscaping Challenge #106 - No Line Copic Coloring: Birthday Card by Handmade by Yuki | "Year 4" by Lawn Fawn
For today's card, I decided to give the no-line Copic coloring a try. As you may recall, I finally gave the no-line watercoloring technique a try a few weeks ago and had so much fun. I've seen the same no-line coloring technique used with Copic Markers and I always think it look so amazing. So to give a shot, I decided to use the "Year 4" set by Lawn Fawn to create a cute birthday card.
For today's technique, instead of using my usual MFT "Black Licorice" hybrid ink, I used the "Grout Gray" hybrid ink from MFT. This ink has the same formulation and is also Copic-friendly. This color is a super light gray color which allows you to easily color over to create the no-line look. I stamped the otter, present and waves using this gray ink. The waves are from the "Life is Good" set. I stamped that onto a separate die cut panel and fussy cut it out to add a little dimension to the card.  I white heat embossed the sentiment onto a piece of pattern paper from the "Let's Polka" 6x6 paper pack and then cut it out using the same stitched rectangle die and "Speech Bubble Border" die. I die cut a strip of the same pattern paper using a stitched scalloped border die and glued it to the bottom of the ocean. I stamped one of the background stamps from the "Interlocking Backdrops" set in Simon Says Stamp "Slate" ink and distressed the edges using the same color. To finish the card, I added some grey enamel dots and matching grey twine.

Otter: E42, E43, E44, R20
Gift Box: RV66, RV69, RV99, BG13, BG18
Waves: B12, B14, B16

I love how this card turned out and had so much fun trying out this new technique. I had to practice coloring the otter several times, and I still need a lot more practice, but it's definitely a fun way to mix it up with my Copic Markers. I hope you were inspired by today's post and decide to give this technique a try! Thanks again for stopping by and be sure to visit the Lawnscaping Challenges Facebook page to see much more amazing inspiration! ♥




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful job with the no-line copic coloring. I have yet to try this technique. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful!! The no line coloring is FABULOUS on that cute as can be otter!!! I don't think I could ever no line color!! Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did amazing with the no line coloring!! This is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your no line coloring looks amazing! Love the design of the whole card too! Super cuteness!! :)

    ReplyDelete