Friday, May 29, 2015

Lawnscaping Challenge - May Blog Hop

 photo 10952285_10205846485550155_8273056748928508251_n.jpg
Hi everyone! It's time for another Lawscaping Blog Hop! This blog hop is sponsored by TheInkRoad.com and the winner will win a gift certificate, so make sure to leave a comment on every blog for a chance to win!
Lawnscaping Challenge: "Fly Away with Me" by Handmade by Yuki | "Hello Sunshine" by Lawn Fawn
This month we're inspired by the color teal, one of my favorites! I made this card right before I packed up all of my craft supplies. In case you're new to my blog, I've been in the process of moving out of state this past month. This was actually the final card I made in my old home and  I made it for my coworker who would joke about moving to Seattle with me.

I used three of the Simon Says Stamp "Stitched Squares" dies to create inlaid frames using Bazzill "Robin's Egg" and "Candy Necklace" cardstocks. I die cut the smallest square from white cardstock and used the dies from "Hello Sunshine" to mask off the clouds and sun. I inked up the sky using Simon Says Stamp "Sea Glass" ink and then stamped the sun in Hero Arts "Soft Vanilla" ink. I stamped the sentiment and line (I picture it as a power line) directly onto the focal panel. I colored the little birdies using Copic Markers and cut them out using the coordinating dies. To give them a tad bit of dimension, I attached them to the focal panel with glue dots.

Bird (Left): YR61, YR65, E42, Y35
Bird (Center): Y21, Y23, E42, Y35
Bird (Right): BG32, BG34, E42, Y35

I glued my focal panel directly onto a square cardbase. I added one layer of foam tape to the inner frame and two layers of foam tape to the outer frame. To finish the card, I added some small white dots to the birds with my white gel pen and clear Wink of Stella glitter to the sun.

I hope you enjoyed today's card and thanks again for stopping by! Your next stop is Sabine's blog. ♥

Yukari (that's me!) 




31 comments:

  1. The birdies are soooo cute! Really love how you colored them too! Hope you're settling well in your new home. Have a wonderful weekend, Yuki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the soft background and how you colour the sweet little birdies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those teal frames look amazing with the soft coloured birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card, love it to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely and totally adorable!! Love the cute little birds and the layered frames are super too! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love the cute little birds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! Love how you masked off your sky with the dies--Such a soft and pretty effect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet little card! Those little birds are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! The frames on your card are so different, and the birds are so cute. Super teal job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweeeeetttt. I love color combo!! Thanks for great Blog Hop. (tina.pavlovic@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh this card is so cute Yuki!! :) love the soft colors!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute!! Love all the frames and how you colored the little birds!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet! I love the adorable birds!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute! I also love the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card Yuki! The birds are just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. super cute and lovely card!
    amantedelpapel(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. OKAY!! I don't have to look any further!! Sorry...don't mean to be too selective..but your card is the most awesome one on the whole hop!! Love all the shades of teal & the stitching frames and those super adorable birds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this card, Yukari; it's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice card so fun and love the colors. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  20. sweet and cute card. love the colors combo..
    is it lawn fawn dies (square stitched)? like it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the look of the double frame and the little birds are just adorable ;o) Happy crafting, Maike ;o)

    ReplyDelete