Thursday, May 21, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs DT Post - Kindness goes a LONG Way

Hi crafty friends! Today I'm sharing this super cute friendship card on the Newton's Nook Designs blog featuring the "Delightful Doxies" set.
Doxie Friendship Card by Handmade by Yuki | "Delightful Doxies" by Newton's Nook Designs
I cut the main panel using a stitched rectangle die from pattern paper from the Pink Paislee "Solstice" 6x6 paper pack. I used vellum for the shaker window and stamped the butterfly antenna onto the vellum with StazOn "Jet Black" ink. I filled the shaker with the "Spring Flowers Mix" from Pretty Pink Posh. I used one of the stitched border dies from the Pretty Pink Posh "Stitched Borders 3" set for the sentiment and die cut a strip of kraft cardstock using the stitched scalloped die also from Pretty Pink Posh. I colored the Doxie and butterfly using Copic Markers and fussy-cut them out. To finish the card, I mounted all of the layers onto a scalloped cardbase and added some twine.

Doxie: W4, W6, E13, E15
Collar: RV11, E04, C1, C2
Butterfly: Y21, Y23, V93, V95

Isn't this Doxie just the sweetest? To make her look extra cute, I gave her some eye lashes. I hope you enjoyed today's card and thanks again for stopping by! ♥


Pretty Pink Posh: Spring Flowers Mix, Stitched Borders 1, Stitched Borders 3


8 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this shaker card! She's adorable! Love the clean design of your card too! And you just gave me another reason for me to take out my set so I can make a cute card like this. :) Anyway, I'm curious about the white thread that you used on this card & a lot of your other cards. Is that just a regular thread or is it crochet thread? Mine are sewing thread & they are very thin & I always have to double up the thread to make it look visible. I'm looking for a thicker white thread/twine. Yours look pretty thick. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's actually twine and one of my favorites! I have yet to find white twine that I like as much anywhere else. It's the perfect thickness and just a little off-white, so it's not too bright. I buy it from the Pretty Pink Posh store: http://www.shopprettypinkposh.com/Individual-Twine-Spools-p/twine02.htm

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much, Yuki! Going over there now. :)

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty and sweet! Great card

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love how you colored the dog and the blossom paper you used for the bg, just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soo very sweet Yuki!! I love the use of pattern paper behind the shaker and the way you colored the doggie is adorable! Soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww so sweet! I love the soft colors, that beautiful lacy border and of course that adorable puppy!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an adorable card Yuki!

    ReplyDelete