Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs May Release Day 1

Hi crafty friends! Today is the first day of Newton's Nook Designs May release! Today we're showcasing "Newton's Sick Day." A lot of get well stamp sets primarily focus on illnesses. And while of course that's usually when you would send get well cards, I have a lot of friends that unfortunately sustain injuries through Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. So I was happy to see the cute image of little Newton all bandaged up. And of course no Newton's Nook Designs stamp set would be complete without a bunch of cute, puny sentiments!
"Feline Better" card by Handmade by Yuki | "Newton's Sick Day" by Newton's Nook Designs
To create my get well card, I started off by coloring Newton with Copic Markers. I fussy-cut him out and left a white border. I used the "Stitched Journaling Card" die from Lawn Fawn for the focal panel and created my own background by randomly stamping the smaller stamp images in Simon Says Stamp "Fog" ink. I distressed the edges with "Antique Linen" distress ink and stamped the sentiment directly onto the panel. To add a little interest to the panel and ground Newton, I inked up a thin strip of white cardstock using "Cracked Pistachio" distress ink. I then used my white gel pen to make a polka-dot border. I matted my focal panel onto the front of a "Walnut" Lawn Fawn notecard I had cut in half. For the cardbase, I sponged on some white pigment ink using the My Favorite Things "Jumbo Polka Dots" stencil. I finally got around to using the Krylon "Easy-Tack" spray, and I must say it made using a stencil so much easier! If you enjoy using stencils, but struggle with keeping it secured down with tape, I would recommend giving this spray a try!

I really love how my card turned out and it came together so quickly (my favorite!). I hope you were inspired by today's card and thanks again for stopping by! Don't forget to hop along to all of the other blogs for a chance to win this set!

Would you like to win “Newton’s Sick Day”?
This set will be given away to ONE lucky winner! 

Here's how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team and Guest blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective blog release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, May 14th at 9pm CDT to comment  -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, May 15th.

Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:




48 comments:

  1. Super cute, love the background stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card yuki, the sick Newton, I hope he is fit again soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable as always! Thank you for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card Yuki! I love the woodgrain and the stitching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a terrific card- love all your added touches with the backgrounds and the extra stamping in the back- it all comes together so well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the faintly inked bkg!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the faintly inked bkg!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet card! Great texture and a darling image ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a sweet card! LOVE it :) happy to be on a team with you again as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that is the cutest sentiment! Your coloring of the kitty is beautiful and the whole card is just precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Thanks for the chance to win

    ReplyDelete
  13. Plain and simple but so pretty.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your CAS design...great choice of colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute Yuki! Love the subtle background and your fun layering of paper. That sentiment just makes me giggle too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww Yuki, this is so darn cute! Love the neutral color palette! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute. I love the subtle background. Just loving everything about this set.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful design!! Love your mix of colors with the papers and dots!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Yuki, this is so cute! I love the subtle background stamping and the colors you used for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the card, been such a fun hop!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute card , love the colors you use on the kitty :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. How adorable is this card? I love the background and your coloring is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Newton is so Purr-fectly ADORABLE and your card is as well. I love how you coloured him with the Copics. SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very cute. I like the polka dot background.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Superb coloring of Newton's stripes!!! Love the subtle background.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. How cute! Love those big dots! Love your subtly stamped background.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aww so so sweet! I love the way you colored up this kitty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super cute! Love the tabby cat!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Adorable! Love the polka dots and pop of teal!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the tone on tone background. The coloring on the kitty is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the serene feeling the colors give to the card and the whimsy Newton brings to it

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your card, different layers and patterns. The simplicity of your background makes Newton really stand out..cool. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for sharing your sweet card. Love it.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  34. Newton is looking loved and cared for whilst he's recovering! I really like your design & colours. Super cute card :)

    Mandy
    myinkcrediblejourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great card adorable love that stampset and your colors are also great.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the coloring you did on Newton! he's so cute!!!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  37. So cute, I love the colors you used!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I really love the colors you choose on your projects! This is so precious!!! tfs! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  39. Just love your card, I think it w o uld make a great masculine card

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love this! So simple yet the image and sentiment are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your card is adorable! Great sentiments in this set! I love Newton!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Such a cute card! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Dude! The coloring on Newton just is incredible! You are amazing, and I want to be like you when I grow up! Ha!!this get well card is perfection in every way!

    ReplyDelete