Friday, May 1, 2015

Sparkle & Shine Challenge FIVE: Cup of Flowers Shaker Card

Hi again! This is my second post of the day, for the Newton's Nook Designs "May Flowers" Blog Hop, click here.


Hi there! Today is the beginning of a new photo-inspired challenge over on the Sparkle & Shine Challenge Blog. This challenge is sponsored by Pretty Pink Posh and the winner will win a $25 gift certificate.

I was inspired by the flowers in the boot and decided to take that idea and use a tea cup die instead. I used the "Penelope's Blossoms" set by Lawn Fawn for the flowers and the "Tea for Three" die set by Simon Says Stamp for the tea cup.
Sparkle & Shine Challenge FIVE: "Love You" Floral Shaker Card by Handmade by Yuki | "Penelope's Blossoms" by Lawn Fawn
I stamped the flowers in Hero Arts "Soft Cantaloupe" ink and the leaves in Simon Says Stamp "Beanstalk Green" ink. I die cut the tea cup from beige cardstock and distressed the edges with "Pumice Stone" distress ink. I used one of the stitched label dies from Pretty Pink Posh and did some partial die cutting to get the label end on both sides. I stamped the sentiment from the Avery Elle "More Stories" stamp set onto the label and distressed the edges of the label with "Antique Linen" distress ink. I used the "Stitched Duo 3" die to create the shaker window. To give the window some texture and make it look more like an actual window, I dry embossed the panel using a woodgrain embossing folder and distressed the edges with "Pumice Stone" distress ink. I created a layer of grass using the "Grassy Border" die by Lawn Fawn and Simon Says Stamp "Olive" cardstock and adhered it behind the window. I used Simon Says Stamp "Sea Glass" cardstock for the sky and filled the shaker window with Pretty Pink Posh sequins.

I used patterns papers from the Fancy Pants "True Friend" 6x6 paper pack for the background and die cut a scalloped border using one of the stitched border dies from Pretty Pink Posh. I added a thin strip of olive cardstock and a bow I die cut using the Mama Elephant "Daint Bow" die. As a finishing touch, I added som Pretty Pink Posh Sequins.

I hope you enjoyed today's card and can't wait to see what you create! Check out the Sparkle & Shine Challenge blog for more inspiration and to play along! Thanks again for stopping by! ♥


Pretty Pink Posh Sequins: 6mm Fresh Mint, 4mm Mossy Green, 4mm Sparkling Clear, Spring Flowers Mix


9 comments:

  1. Oh totally cute and adorable shaker window card!! How clever you are! Love this! Have a wonderful weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaker cards are so fun to make! Love your use of the PPP window dies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shaker cards are so fun to make! Love your use of the PPP window dies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is beautiful! There is such an elegance to this shaker card, love the colors you used & the softness of it. Lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just love the window and flowers! As always, your card rocks!

    ReplyDelete