Friday, May 15, 2015

Sparkle & Shine Challenge SIX: Narwhal Shaker Card

 photo SSBadge-01.jpg 
It's time for a new challenge on the Sparkle & Shine Challenge blog and it's another photo-inspired challenge! The winner will receive a gift certificate to Winnie & Walter.
 photo logo.png
I figured most of the team would've been inspired by the flower and create beautiful floral-themed cards. However, that's not how my mind works. I saw this image and thought narwhal LOL! I was inspired by the glass vase and flower poking out and thought it'd be fun to create a circular shaker window with the narwhal peaking out.
"Thinking of You" Narwhal Shaker Card by Handmade by Yuki | "Critters in the Arctic" and "Chit Chat" from Lawn Fawn
I created the circular shaker window by partially die cutting a circle in the center of a white card panel. I used the largest "Stitched Scalloped Border" die from Lawn Fawn to lightly outline the waves with a pencil and then hand-cut the waves with my scissors. I colored the narwhal from the "Critters in the Arctic" set from Lawn Fawn in Copic Markers and cut him out using the coordinating die. I used the "thinking of you" sentiment from the "Chit Chat" set from Lawn Fawn.

Narwhal: BV00, BV01, BV02, W0, W2

 photo SampS Challenge Six_Thinking of You Narwhal 2_HandmadebyYuki.jpg
I filled the shaker with Pretty Pink Posh beads and 4mm Sparkling Clear sequins. As a final touch, I added some extra Pretty Pink Posh sequins to the front of the card.

I had so much fun with this challenge and really making it my own. I hope you were inspired by today's post and got a few ideas of how you can take a different approach with this challenge. Thanks again for stopping by and be sure to swing by the Sparkle & Shine Challenge blog for more amazing inspiration and to play along! ♥


Pretty Pink Posh: 4mm Sparkling Clear, 8mm Sparkling Clear, 6mm Fresh Mint, Silver Shimmer Beads, Sparkling Clear Beads.

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! The little beads in the shaker are perfect! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh-maxing!!!! That narwhal...IT'S SO CUTE!!! I loooooove the shape of your shaker!! So unique and perfect!! This is brilliant! I am in love!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card. I love shakers. Your design is soooo cute. A great release today. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this card! Such a unique design! You did an amazing job on this photo challenge! Have a wonderful weekend, Yuki!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGoodness!! Cutest shaker card ever!! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME card!!! Loooove Sparkles & are sooooooo fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really great Yuki! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute idea. Thanks for sharing your wonderful card.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yuki, your card is wonderful, and such a great way to use sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have so many great shaker cards! This is so cute and clever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO AWESOME!! =) I LOVE this!! SUPER CUTE Design and I LOVE the Image and the Colors too!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so adorable and love what you did with the photo challenge and how you made this into a cute shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH!! Fantastic!! What a clever idea for your shaker area! Love it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The card is so cute, love it!

    ReplyDelete