Monday, June 15, 2015

Lawnscaping #108 - Stars & Stripes

 photo LawnFawnlogo.jpg
Hi crafty friends! Today is the beginning of a new challenge over on the Lawnscaping Challenge blog. This challenge is sponsored by the super generous folks over at Lawn Fawn.

The theme of the challenge is stars and stripes which is perfect for the upcoming 4th of July holiday. I don't usually make 4th of July cards, so I decided to make a thank you card inspired by the festive colors and challenge theme. For today's card, I finally used the kitty from the "My Lucky Charm" set by Lawn Fawn.
Lawnscaping Challenge 108 by Handmade by Yuki | "My Lucky Charm" and "Lucky Stars" by Lawn Fawn
I colored the kitty with Copic Markers and cut him out using the coordinating die. I die cut the star-shaped balloon out of pattern paper from the "Pint-Sized Patterns: Beachside" 6x6 paper pack using one of the balloon dies from the "Party Balloons" set. I also used the balloon string die to cut the string out of white cardstock.  I cut some pattern paper from the same paper pack using a stitched rectangle die and cut the shaker window using a stitched circle die. I filled the shaker with Pretty Pink Posh sequins, silver stars and silver shimmer beads. I used a Pretty Pink Posh stitched border die to cut a strip of white cardstock and stamped the sentiment from the "Lucky Stars" set.
Lawnscaping Challenge 108 by Handmade by Yuki | "My Lucky Charm" and "Lucky Stars" by Lawn Fawn
This was such a fun card to make and I just love how it turned out. I'm actually planning on sending this card to my brother to let him know just how I much I appreciate him.

Cat: W0, W2, W4, W6, R20
Collar: BG15, BG18, Y19, YR14

I hope you were inspired by today's post and thanks again for stopping by! Don't forget to visit the Lawnscaping Challenges Facebook page to see much more amazing inspiration! ♥

Pretty Pink Posh: Stitched Borders 3, Silver Stars Sequins, Silver Shimmer Seed Beads, 6mm Bermuda Blue Sequins

5 comments:

  1. Adorable shaker card! Your brother will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is just the cutest!! I LOVE the shaker with the stars and all your stripes and stars patterns on the card!! Adorable!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How totally adorable!! Such a fun shaker card and another adorable kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great shaker card!! That little kitty is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete