Thursday, June 25, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs DT Post - "Shell-abrate!"

Hi crafty friends! Today I'm up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog sharing this super cute birthday card featuring the new "In Slow Motion" set.
"Shell-abrate" Birthday Card by Handmade by Yuki | "In Slow Motion" by Newton's Nook Designs
I colored the turtle and balloon with Copic Markers and fussy cut them out. I used the balloon from the "Winston's Birthday" set and stamped the string directly onto the focal panel. I hand drew the little knot around the turtle's tail. To create the fun focal panel, I die cut a piece of pattern paper from the American Crafts "Everyday" 6x6 paper pack using the "Stitched Journaling Card" die from Lawn Fawn. I then used used one of the border dies from the Paper Smooches "Borders 2" set to cut the notebook border. I distressed the edges of the notebook paper with "Antique Linen" distress ink. I then stamped the "shell-abrate" sentiment in Simon Says Stamp "Schoolhouse Red" ink and the happy birthday sentiment right under with black ink. I layered my focal panel onto pattern papers from the Lawn Fawn "Dewey Decimal" 6x6 and Avery Elle "The Harvest Collection" 6x6 paper packs. To finish the card, I added some matching sequins.

I just love how this card turned out and even more that it's gender neutral! I hope you enjoyed today's post and be sure to swing by tomorrow for a new Inky Paws Challenge! Thanks again for stopping by! ♥



5 comments:

  1. Super cute card! Love that sweet turtle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness , how cute is this!! I love note pad look of the background!! Lovely!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuki this card is toooo cute and pretty!! love every details!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this! so adorable with the added balloon!!

    ReplyDelete