Friday, June 26, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #22 - "Happy Birthday To You"


Hi crafty friends! Today is the beginning of a new Inky Paws Challenge over on the Newton's Nook Designs blog. This month's challenge is "birthday theme," how fun is that?! Everyone can always use some extra birthday cards, so I'm super excited to see what every one creates for this challenge!
"Happy Birthday to You" by Handmade by Yuki | "Wild About Zoo" by Newton's Nook Designs
For my card, I used the "Wild About Zoo" set to create a super fun birthday party scene. I used the birthday hats from the new "In Slow Motion" set as well. I colored all of the fun zoo animals and birthday hats with Copic Markers and fussy-cut them out leaving a white border. I die cut a white background panel using a stitched rectangle die and hand drew the polka dot background with Copic Markers using the My Favorite Things "Jumbo Polka Dot" stencil as a guide. I die cut a strip of pattern paper from the Lawn Fawn "Let's Polka" 6x6 paper pack using a stitched border die from Pretty Pink Posh. I used the "Happy Birthday Border" die from Lawn Fawn for the sentiment.

I had so much fun creating this card and absolutely love how it turned out. These little critters always make me smile :). I hope you were inspired by my card and I cannot wait to see what you create! Don't forget to visit the Newton's Nook Designs blog for more inspiration! ♥

Pretty Pink Posh: Stitched Borders 3

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! Your coloring is AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek! Oh my goodness Yuki, this is the cutest! It's like a party on a crad!! So much fun! & your coloring is stunning! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun little group they are!! This is delightful Yuki, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is beyond cute!! I love the grey striped border at the bottom and those animals are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little party animals and your fun polka dot background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like those animals have a lot of fun! Such a sweet party card.

    ReplyDelete