Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs June Release Day 1

Hi crafty friends! Today is the first day of Newton's Nook Designs June release! Today we're showcasing "In Slow Motion." This set includes a ton of adorable "slow-moving" critters and it's perfect for a ton of different occasions.
For today's card, I decided to use the cute snail image to make a cute a "snail mail" card. Now that I live so far away from home, I definitely myself needing more general hello and "thinking of you" type cards.
"Sending You Snail Mail" by Handmade by Yuki | "In Slow Motion" by Newton's Nook Designs
I used a large stitched rectangle die to cut my focal panel from white cardstock. I blended the grass using Simon Says Stamp "Green Apple" ink and blended the sky using "Tumbled Glass" distress ink. I stamped the grass from the "Garden Whimsey" set in the same green ink. And I used cloud dies to mask off the clouds. I stamped the postal stamp directly onto the panel using Simon Says Stamp "Lipstick Red" ink. I used a larger stitched rectangle die for the background. I created the diagonal lines using the chisel tip of my N2 Copic Marker. I drew the lines completely free-handed to give it a hand drawn look. I mounted my layers onto a navy cardbase and finished the card by adding some Peppermint Icicle twine.

I love how cute and simple this card turned out. This set is so adorable and I already have a ton of other card ideas including the other cute critters. I hope you were inspired by today's card and thanks again for stopping by! Don't forget to hop along to all of the other blogs for a chance to win this set!

Would you like to win “In Slow Motion”?
This set will be given away to ONE lucky winner! 

Here's how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team and Guest blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective blog release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Wednesday, June 17th at 9pm CDT to comment  -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Thursday, June 18th.

Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:

33 comments:

  1. This is super cute ! I love the scene you created! Your friends back home will LOVE getting your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable is this stamp set?! I could see myself using this. Love your beautiful blended background! The snail is too cute! Fabulous job showcasing this set, Yuki!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card! Super cute summer scene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh this is really sweet! :) I love the scene you've created with the clouds and grass!! Clever coloring blending too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the background! So cute a card! Love to recreate this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That snail is so adorable! Absolutely love your card. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the color palette you chose! This would be a great masculine card as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. I love everything about it Thanks so much for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card and I really, really love that stampset.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card! I really like all your details, like putting the grass behind the snail.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet card! Beautiful scene and love that twine addition ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh your card is the sweetest!! Love this set! That snail is way too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling card.
    Love the clouds and the sky. Looks great.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Love the soft colors-

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card. Love the scene you created. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable card! Love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh how cute Yuki! This is just the sweetest scene, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the adorable little scene you created with the snail! So super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really love the cards with the snail and the package on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cute card. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an adorable scene! Love how your bakers twine ribbon mirrors the snail's!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cute scene and the twine is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your card, Yuki! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have created an adorable scene and used these stamps in amazing ways - such a cute, simple and adorable card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. another adorable card by you! I love your soft coloring, just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The little snail is just too cute...adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your blending is so good <3 :D

    ReplyDelete