Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Creative Chick 10th Blogiversary Celebration

Hi again! This is my second post of the day. For The Alley Ways Stamps August Sneak Peek post, click here.

Hi crafty friends! Today I'm so excited to be celebrating Jenn Shurkus' 10th Blogiversary Celebration! Jenn is so incredibly talented and she has been such an inspiration in the card making community.

We are celebrating Jenn's amazing work by picking one of her previous cards to CASE. And what kind of celebration would it be without a ton of awesome sponsors and prizes! Celebrate with us by CASE'ing one of Jenn's cards and linking your project to her site here. You will have until August 4th to participate and all winners will be announced August 7th at 8 a.m. EST!
For today's card, I decided to CASE this adorable card Jenn made. This is such a sweet card and I was inspired by her CAS design and pink color scheme. I also used the Mama Elephant "Bear Hugs" set.
"I Love You" by Handmade by Yuki | "Bear Hugs" by Mama Elephant
I colored the cute bears with Copic Markers and cut them out using the coordinating dies. I used the stitched cloud die from the "Landscape Trio" die set to cut two layers of clouds. I white heat embossed the sentiment and colored the background using Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Seedless Preserves distress inks. As a finishing touch, I added 4mm and 6mm Sparkling Clear Sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

I hope you were inspired by today's card and be sure to visit Jenn's blog to celebrate with us!



19 comments:

  1. super sweet...love how you were inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe... This is so sweet! I absolutely love this! The hearts, the colors, those sweet bears! A fantastic job on casing Jenn's card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! This is beyond adorable!! I love the pright pink background with the rest of the card being so soft! This is lovely! You did an amazing job casing Jenn's card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooohhhh i love this color combo for the distress inks :) such a sweet sweet card! happy to have inspired you ;) thank you so much for being a part of my celebration, it means a lot to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this card is super cute Yuki!! love those pink colours! You blended them out beautifully! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Yuki, the clouds and the pinks are gorgeous. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card. It is so cute!!! The pink color and the clouds are awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adorable! The vellum makes a great dimensional layer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet card...love the use of vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE LOVE LOVE the FUN Design and that Color!! SO CUTE!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooooh my goodness! Not only did you pick one of the prettiest cards I know to CASE (brave!) but you excelled at making it your own, and just as pretty! I love them both TOO much! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so sweet! Perfect job, case'ing Jenn's card too. The colors, the sentiment....I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your colors and layers and so much attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW - wonderfully done and an awesome CASE of Jenn's card!! Love the colors and the blending you did was beautiful!! So glad you came to Jenn's party so I could visit you!!! Have a happy day!!!

    ReplyDelete