Friday, July 24, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge 23 - Summer Lovin'

Hi crafty friends! Today is the beginning of a new Inky Paws Challenge over on the Newton's Nook Designs blog. This month's challenge is all about summer lovin'. The moment I saw the inspiration photo, I was instantly inspired to make a fun summer card using "Newton's Summer Vacation."
"Wish You Were Here" by Handmade by Yuki | "Newton's Summer Vacation" by Newton's Nook Designs
I watercolored the fun Newton image using ZIG Clean Color Brush Pens. I watercolored the beach using Antique Linen and Vintage Photo distress inks. I used Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers for the ocean and Tumbled Glass for the sky. To finish the card, I added Glossy Accents to the umbrella and sunglasses.
 photo NND Inky Paws Challenge 22 Close-Up_HandmadebyYuki.jpg
This was such a fun card to create and I hope you were inspired by my card. I cannot wait to see what you create! Don't forget to visit the Newton's Nook Designs blog for more inspiration! ♥


6 comments:

  1. So CUTE! I love the added glossy accents and I am really loving how you created the sand to look like it has texture. So cool! thanks for playing along with our challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute summer themed card! Really loving the cool look you gave to the sand. So fun! Have a great weekend, Yuki! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Newton just chillin on the beach!! Adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Love the paper piecing for the beach and the sea. And am I the only one who can't read 'Summer Lovin' without singing bits of Grease? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just as cute as it can be!! Such an adorable little beach scene you have created!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable!! I love that fun beach scene you created!!

    ReplyDelete