Monday, August 17, 2015

Mama Elephant August Challenge - "Rain or Shine"

Hi there! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I feel like today's card pretty much summed up the weather this past weekend lol. I decided to make this sweet watercolored card for the latest Mama Elephant "Stamp with ME" August Flickr Challenge.

I absolutely fell in love with the Mama Elephant "Chance of Rain" the moment I saw it. Unfortunately, it just sat on my craft desk and collected dust. I finally had a little bit of free time and decided to make a sweet encouragement card for my brother who had to deal with some stressful few weeks.
 photo ME August Challenge_Rain or Shine_HandmadebyYuki.jpg
To make the card, I watercolored the sky using Peacock Feathers and Chipped Sapphire and used Pumice Stone distress ink for the ground. I stamped the rain drops with Tumbled Glass distress ink for a more subtle look. I colored the stamped images with my ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Pens and cut them out using the coordinating dies. I matted my watercolored image onto a piece of vellum. I used the scalloped rectangle from Mama Elephant "Femme Frames" to add an extra layer for some added dimension and tone-on-tone look against the white cardbase. I finished the card by added Clear Wink of Stella to the umbrella and 6mm Blue Lagoon sequins and 4mm Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

I just love how you love this card turned out and I hope it brightens my brother's day when he receives it. Be sure to play along with the ME challenge and I can't wait to see what you create!



6 comments:

  1. Total Cuteness! Love the color combo you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!! Love the background and the colors you used. What a sweet card for your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe. So very cute and sweet! I know your brother will definitely cherish this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute!! I love this set too! Your watercoloring is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO CUTE!!!!! Your style...it's just perfection! LOVE that sky! And that cute little bear - eek! Love this!! Hope it makes your brother smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable!!! I LOVE the watercolor on this!!

    ReplyDelete