Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs August Release - Mermaid Crossing

Hi crafty friends! Today is the first day of Newton's Nook Designs August release! For today's reveal, we're showcasing the new "Mermaid Crossing" set. This is such a pretty and unique set, I absolutely love it and I'm sure you will too!

"Have a FINtastic Birthday" by Handmade by Yuki | "Mermaid Crossing" by Newton's Nook Designs
For today's post, I decided to make a fun shaker card. I just can't seem to get enough of shaker cards lately and always have so much fun making them. To make today's shaker card, I created a fun watercolor background using Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers and Evergreen Bough distress inks. I created a frame for my window shaker using two stitched rectangle stackable dies. To give the frame some added interest, I covered the white frame with some narrow washi tape. I filled the shaker window with 6mm Peacock Feather sequins, 6mm Ocean Spray sequins, 4mm Sparkling Clear sequins and Silver Shimmer Seed Beads. I white heat embossed the sentiment onto black cardstock and die cut it using a stitched label die from Lawn Fawn. I watercolored the mermaid using ZIG Clean Color Brush Pens. To finish the card, I matted my shaker window onto a piece of bold pattern paper from the Jen Hadfield "Cottage Living" 6x6 paper pack.
"Have a FINtastic Birthday" by Handmade by Yuki | "Mermaid Crossing" by Newton's Nook Designs
This was such a fun card to make and I really enjoy coloring the mermaids included in this set. I hope you were inspired by today's post and be sure to hop along with us for a chance to win this set!

Would you like to win “Mermaid Crossing”?
This prize will be given away to ONE lucky winner

Here's how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team and Guest blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective blog release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, August 13th at 9pm CST to comment -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, August 14th. 

Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Yukari Yoshioka (that's me!)


26 comments:

  1. Pretty Shaker, Yuki! I love the background and the little splatter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! That is just amazing!! I love your watercolor background and all the colors you've used work beautifully together!! Fabulous Shaker!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Yuki!! You rocked this stamp set. Your shaker is so much fun and your coloring of the mermaid is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card! I love shaker cards! The background looks fabulous - I like these new mermaid new stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Beautiful shaker, Yuki!!! Love the papers and that background ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fun!! I LOVE the shaker and that fun background!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Yuki!! Love the background and that it's a shaker card!!! Your coloring is awesome too😀

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love the colours you've used and all the pretty sequins that go great with the underwater theme. Shannon shannonpratt66@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the shaker card. The sequin colors are so pretty.
    The coloring is great.
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great image for a shaker. Love your colors. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty Yuki! The sequins remind e of bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really nice choice of colours on this card. I am so excited to see this set

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card! Great layout, colours, and mermaid!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great color choose for yout shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. AWE this is a very Fintastic looking shaker card!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg, what a FUN shaker card! Love the background and the mermaid is awesome! Fun colors and fabulous design!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is really gorgeous! I love the colors you used and the fun word paper - so fun and modern! I also love how you did the photo showing part of the stamp set in it - such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! What a beautiful shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Excellent shaker card! You are very talented. I love your detail ideas. The washi tape for the frame looks great. The way you colored and cut out the mermaid is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love what you have done with the mermaid set. I think your shaker card is just gorgeous! Such an eye for detail.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very whimsical shaker card, I love it.

    ReplyDelete