Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs August Release - Tranquil Tides

Hi again! This is my second post of the day. To see my post for The Alley Way Stamps blog, click here.


Today is the second day of Newton's Nook Designs August release! And today we're showcasing "Tranquil Tides." This is such a pretty and versatile set and I love the sentiments.
Although I love to color, sometimes it's fun to just stamp. It's also a great excuse for me to use my ink pads. I don't know about you, but I'm guilty of hoarding ink pads and not using them as often as I should. For today's card, I made sweet underwater scene using the super cute starfish and sweet sentiment.
"Salt Kisses & Starfish Wishes" by Handmade by Yuki | "Tranquil Tides" by Newton's Nook Designs
I used Broken China distress ink to create my underwater background. To give the background a softer look, I applied more ink towards the bottom and faded the ink toward the top to create a very subtle ombre look. I die cut a piece of beige cardstock using a slope die from the Simon Says Stamp "Stitched Slopes and Hills" die set to create the sand bank. To give the sand some texture, I used my E81 and E84 Copic Markers to add dot detailing. While this was a little time consuming, I absolutely love the end result. I stamped the images in various Simon Says Stamp dye inks and fussy-cut them out leaving a white border. To add some additional texture to the background, I white heat embossed the small bubbles. I then finished the card by adding a few droplets of Glossy Accents to the background, starfish, sand dollar and seahorse.
 photo NND August Release_Reveal Day 2_Tranquil Tides 2_HandmadebyYuki.jpg
I just love how pretty this card turned out and I had so much fun stamping the new images. I hope you were inspired by today's card and don't forget to hop along with us for a chance to win this set! Thanks again for stopping by today and have a wonderful day!



Would you like to win “Tranquil Tides”?
This prize will be given away to ONE lucky winner

Here's how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team and Guest blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective blog release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, August 13th at 9pm CST to comment -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, August 14th.  

Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Yukari Yoshioka (that's me!)


36 comments:

  1. Love the possibilities with this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little nautical scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That underwater scene is so pretty & fun! I love all the tiny details you put into this card! They made all the difference!! I ABSOLUTELY love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty!! Love the scene!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I adore your little underwater scene!! So very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Yuki. I love the blue you used for the top half, it really makes all of the images pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm totally guilty of hoarding inkpads and not using them often as well! This set is certainly perfect to break out your ink pads. This is a gorgeous underwater scene!! Love your background and how you put everything together. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card! Love the textured sand!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty!!! Love that you can use your ink pads!! I always wonder if mine will dry out if never used lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really pretty card! Love the sand! It was worth the extra effort!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful scene you created with these awesome stamps! tfs! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is very pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun card! The scene is fabulous and love the little images!
    Sherrie k

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really pretty! I know what you mean about not using the colored inks enough. This set is a great one to break them out! I love the sand and water you created too - so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the colors of your underwater scene.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a serene sea setting ... It make you smile looking at this card

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet scene. Shows off the stamps so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You created a beautiful scene Yuki. Lovely ink work.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just lovely. I adore the soft colors and your sandy ocean floor is fabulous!!!! I'm going to have to wash the sand out from between my toes just looking at it! Also, love how you rounded the top corners......goes so well with the contoured sand. Fabulous work!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Simple and sweet. Awesome job!..love the sand touch!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So very cute! I love all the possibilities this set offers

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful Card! Love this new stamp set and so many ways to use it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful card. I love how you created the sand bank.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful card! I admire your attention to detail. The sand coloring looks great!
    What a beautiful stage for the new 'Tranquil Tides' stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card. Love the scene that you made
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Another fantastic card. I really like the texture you created on the sand, I do not have the patience but I sure glad that you do because I thoroughly enjoyed this card.

    ReplyDelete
  28. it is a pretty card. Love the sentiment. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the colors you used! I love that sentiment! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Really cute card....this stamp set is so versatile and this blog hop has shown that....TFS...xx

    ReplyDelete