Thursday, August 13, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs August Release - Newton's Antics Coordinating Dies

Welcome back crafty friends! Today is the third and final day of Newton's Nook Designs August release!
Today some of the design team members are showcasing the new coordinating dies for "Tranquil Tides." The rest of us are showcasing the new coordinating dies for one of my all-time favorite Newton's Nook Designs sets, "Newton's Antics." I absolutely love this set and was excited when I learned there would be coordinating dies.
Newton Shaker Card by Handmade by Yuki | "Newton's Antics" by Newton's Nook Designs
I decided to use the new dies to create a sweet shaker card. I started off by using the Mama Elephant "Femme Frames" die set to create the frame for my shaker window. I also used the stitched scalloped border die from the Pretty Pink Posh "Stitched Borders 1" set to create a top border for my shaker. To ground my stamped images, I used the stitched straight border from the Pretty Pink Posh "Stitched Borders 2" set. I created the background of my shaker by hand drawing the white polka dots using my white gel pen and the Memory Box "Texture Mini Dots" stencil as a guide on Papertrey Ink "Aqua Mist" cardstock. I filled the shaker window with Pretty Pink Posh Silver Stars, 6mm Peacock Feathers sequins, and Sparkling Clear seed beads. I colored the stamped images with Copic Markers and cut them out using the coordinating dies. I stamped the sentiment directly onto the clear acetate with Staz On "Jet Black" ink. And to give the front of the shaker card a little more interest, I die cut a few small stars from silver glitter cardstock using the tiny star die included in the Pretty Pink Posh "Stitched Banners" set.
Newton Shaker Card by Handmade by Yuki | "Newton's Antics" by Newton's Nook Designs
I just love how cute and happy this shaker card turned out. Having the coordinating dies is such a time saver! Thanks again for stopping by today and have a wonderful day!



Would you like to win a $10 store credit to the NND Store?
This prize will be given away to ONE lucky winner

Here's how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team and Guest blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective blog release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, August 13th at 9pm CST to comment -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, August 14th.  


Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Yukari Yoshioka (that's me!)



26 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love Newton! I have these stamps, so now I need the dies! I love your shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors of your card! The details are great! I am happy about the dies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing shaker card. I really love your colour choices. Such a cute design. Love the new dies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You put such fun sparkly things inside your shaker card Yukari! I love it! That scalloped border up top is really pretty too, and I love how you colored the Siamese kitty! Cheers! ~ Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color combo and how it looks like the kitty is sitting in front of a sparkly shaker window! adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Yuki, your card is absolutely awesome. So, so CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty colors you chose! Your coloring is awesome....I need some lessons from you, Yuki!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful card. Love the way you scattered the sequins outside the card too.
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun shaker - great use of color and star/sequin/bead combo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh your card is so sweet! I love the colors and that is just a beautiful shaker with that cute cute kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are on a roll with your shaker card lately! This is oh SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Talk about a perfect playful card! Really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just as cute as can be!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my gosh~ I love, love your card! The shaker is so fun and the little kitty has stolen my heart! LOVE it!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is one of my favorite colors to use when crafting and this card is stunning! Thank you for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your shaker card is super cute!! Love all the details and your coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a gorgeous shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable shaker card. I like the scalloped edges.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely love this card. the kitty with the teal sequin shaker is so sweet. Shannon
    shannonpratt66@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete